opinion of matt ryan

gage

mike boraski (3/26/2008)
although the gurus love him i don t see him as head and shoulders above the rest and i think we can just as good a qb in a later round.

Agreed. I haven't heard anything that would make me think he's much better, if at ALL better, than Brohm. All I hear is that Ryan is awesome and that Brohm has fallen. No one will say WHY they think Ryan is so awesome beyond "great intangibles" (which I think is nonsense) and no one will say WHY Brohm has supposedly fallen so much.

Direwolf

direwolf (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)
although the gurus love him i don t see him as head and shoulders above the rest and i think we can just as good a qb in a later round.

Agreed. I haven't heard anything that would make me think he's much better, if at ALL better, than Brohm. All I hear is that Ryan is awesome and that Brohm has fallen. No one will say WHY they think Ryan is so awesome beyond "great intangibles" (which I think is nonsense) and no one will say WHY Brohm has supposedly fallen so much.

Direwolf

Brohm fell because of a poor Louisville defense. But hes much better then Ryan. I still can't guage why Brohm isnt rated higher.

direwolf (3/26/2008)
mike boraski (3/26/2008)

Direwolf

Agreed.

He's just another product of the sportswriter groupthink machine. Brohm is a better QB than Ryan is IMHO.

direwolf (3/26/2008)
No one will say WHY they think Ryan is so awesome beyond "great intangibles" (which I think is nonsense)

Direwolf

Tell me about it. It seems like whenever I ask someone on here to tell me what makes Ryan so great they just read off his scouting report.

'Uh, He is the prototypical size and his leadership qualities and intangibles'

And i really hate the fact that he is benefiting from that VT game where he stunk for over 50 minutes only to come back and win because VT backed off on D. Gimme a break. Who won that rematch?

Based on past NFL history, NO  ONE really knows how any QB will turn out in the NFL !!!

Some of the hottest "can't miss" picks were the biggest busts. Other, very late round, average college QB's are HOF, once in a lifetime performers..........Tom Brady !!!

NO  ONE  KNOWS !!!!!  That's what makes it soooooooooo **** interesting !!!!!!!