Should Of Drafted This Guy Instead Of...

1982 - We could've picked Marcus Allen instead of Gerald Riggs.  Allen went to Raiders with the tenth pick, Riggs to us one pick beforehand..

1985 - 49ers sixteenth pick, Jerry Rice instead of Bill Fralic with second pick.  Imagine how history could've been changed with that!

1988 - Cowboys eleventh pick, Michael Irvin instead of Aundray Bruce.  Imagine him and Rice as our WRs!!

2002 - Packers twentieth pick, Javon Walker instead of TJ Duckett.

2004 - Rams twenty-fourth pick, Stephen Jackson instead of MeAngelo Hall. 

monoxide (3/26/2008)
Not like any of this stuff can be predicted, but who cares.

2000 NFL draft, Adalius Thomas gets picked with the 186th overall pick, 14 picks earlier, we chose Mareno Philyaw, wide receiver out of Troy. We also passed on Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, and Mark Tauscher to get the ever so amazing, "MARENO UPSHAW"!.

We've had to have had some of the worst talent scouts in the NFL. I hope TD changes that.

LT would not be the LT you all know with our O-line without Vick.The reason Dunn and Duckett did what they did was they had to play run/pass on Vick more then run on our 2 running backs.

The only thing I dont like about this thread is every team in the NFL would have taken these players.

If we had a line then LT over Vick.

I would have taken Samuel over whoever we took for our CB instead let him go to the PATs.

Hope this new front office is or has the talent evaluation skill they claim.So far I faith,After the draft I will either believe or not.

petrinoHATER (3/26/2008)
LT would not be the LT you all know with our O-line without Vick.The reason Dunn and Duckett did what they did was they had to play run/pass on Vick more then run on our 2 running backs.

The only thing I dont like about this thread is every team in the NFL would have taken these players.

If we had a line then LT over Vick.

I would have taken Samuel over whoever we took for our CB instead let him go to the PATs.

Hope this new front office is or has the talent evaluation skill they claim.So far I faith,After the draft I will either believe or not.

Well said. I think the shine comes off if the puppet jacks up the first few picks.

Riggs was a three time Pro Bowler with us, he wasn't a bad pick at all. He was an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well. We just didn't have much of a team around him. I don't know how much of a difference Allen could have made here.

Fralic was solid as well. The guy throwing to Rice had a lot to do with his success, also.

Who knows how those guys would have worked in Atlanta. Kinda like the Brett Frave thing, I highly doubt he would have done much if he stayed with us. Besides, the guys you mentioned, Fralic and Riggs were hardly bad picks. In fact Fralic made the All NFL team of the 1980's, that dude was a stud at gaurd. Riggs was a multiple Pro Bowler when Atlanta had some TERRIBLE teams.

falconfanjason (3/26/2008)
Riggs was a three time Pro Bowler with us, he wasn't a bad pick at all. He was an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well. We just didn't have much of a team around him. I don't know how much of a difference Allen could have made here.

Fralic was solid as well. The guy throwing to Rice had a lot to do with his success, also.

It makes me think he didn't pay attention to the Falcons before this decade.

falconfansince66 (3/25/2008)
1982 - We could've picked Marcus Allen instead of Gerald Riggs.  Allen went to Raiders with the tenth pick, Riggs to us one pick beforehand..

1985 - 49ers sixteenth pick, Jerry Rice instead of Bill Fralic with second pick.  Imagine how history could've been changed with that!

1988 - Cowboys eleventh pick, Michael Irvin instead of Aundray Bruce.  Imagine him and Rice as our WRs!!

2002 - Packers twentieth pick, Javon Walker instead of TJ Duckett.

2004 - Rams twenty-fourth pick, Stephen Jackson instead of MeAngelo Hall. 

Ed Reed..nuf said