Guys, how would you handle this one?

dyoshot

Guys, something pretty weird happened at a bar I was at last week, just wanted to know what other guys would have done in this situation. I'm at the bar last week and saw something that got me thinking. I was there with one of my female friends, who introduced me to one of her friends who was already tipsy when I met her. She was there with her boyfriend, who she had to confront numerous because he kept flirting with other women. By the time he flirted with the last woman, she had enough. She proceeded to take these steps to handle the situation-

1. Slap him clear across the face. This hit was so clean you could eat off of it.

2. Throw his beer (that he just bought mind you) right in his face.

3. Flicked the cup at him.

4. Challenge his manhood, call him every four letter word in the book, and put her finger in his face as she does all this.

Obviously she lost it to say the least. It took security to hold her off her alcohol fueled meltdown. He apologized and begged for her forgiveness, but she was already over the deep end pretty bad. Now I would NEVER put my hands on a woman, but I wouldn't have had the kind of reaction he did. Just the pointing of the finger in my face would have been enough for me.

My question is, if you were this guy and your lady did all of these things, how would you have handled it?

dyoshot (3/25/2008)
Guys, something pretty weird happened at a bar I was at last week, just wanted to know what other guys would have done in this situation. I'm at the bar last week and saw something that got me thinking. I was there with one of my female friends, who introduced me to one of her friends who was already tipsy when I met her. She was there with her boyfriend, who she had to confront numerous because he kept flirting with other women. By the time he flirted with the last woman, she had enough. She proceeded to take these steps to handle the situation-

1. Slap him clear across the face. This hit was so clean you could eat off of it.

4. Challenge his manhood, call him every four letter word in the book, and put her finger in his face as she does all this.

Obviously she lost it to say the least. It took security to hold her off her alcohol fueled meltdown. He apologized and begged for her forgiveness, but she was already over the deep end pretty bad. Now I would NEVER put my hands on a woman, but I wouldn't have had the kind of reaction he did. Just the pointing of the finger in my face would have been enough for me.

My question is, if you were this guy and your lady did all of these things, how would you have handled it?

I wouldn't have been stupid enough to flirt with other women while at a bar with my "supposed girlfriend".

dyoshot (3/25/2008)
Guys, something pretty weird happened at a bar I was at last week, just wanted to know what other guys would have done in this situation. I'm at the bar last week and saw something that got me thinking.I was there with one of my female friends, who introduced me to one of her friends who was already tipsy when I met her. She was there with her boyfriend, who she had to confrontnumerous because he kept flirting with other women. By the time he flirted with the last woman, she had enough. She proceeded to take these steps to handle the situation-

2.Throw his beer (that he just bought mind you) right in his face.

4. Challenge his manhood,call him every four letter word in the book, and put her finger in his face as she does all this.

Obviously she lost it to say the least. It tooksecurity to hold her off her alcohol fueled meltdown. He apologized and begged for her forgiveness, but she was already over the deep end pretty bad. Now I would NEVER put my hands on a woman, but I wouldn't have had the kind of reaction he did. Just the pointing of the finger in my face would have been enough for me.

I'm assuming he has cheated on her in the past and she is fed up with him fooling around with other girls.

Obviously, the right course of action would be to break up with him, but some girls are just dumb.

He probably deserved it.

jdu00743 (3/25/2008)
dyoshot (3/25/2008)
Guys, something pretty weird happened at a bar I was at last week, just wanted to know what other guys would have done in this situation. I'm at the bar last week and saw something that got me thinking.I was there with one of my female friends, who introduced me to one of her friends who was already tipsy when I met her. She was there with her boyfriend, who she had to confrontnumerous because he kept flirting with other women. By the time he flirted with the last woman, she had enough. She proceeded to take these steps to handle the situation-

4. Challenge his manhood,call him every four letter word in the book, and put her finger in his face as she does all this.

Obviously she lost it to say the least. It tooksecurity to hold her off her alcohol fueled meltdown. He apologized and begged for her forgiveness, but she was already over the deep end pretty bad. Now I would NEVER put my hands on a woman, but I wouldn't have had the kind of reaction he did. Just the pointing of the finger in my face would have been enough for me.

I'm assuming he has cheated on her in the past and she is fed up with him fooling around with other girls.

Obviously, the right course of action would be to break up with him, but some girls are just dumb.

He probably deserved it.

You're right, but I don't feel sorry for her. She decided to take him back. I know I would never chase after someone who apparently didn't want me in the first place.

dyoshot (3/25/2008)

We'll what would you have done?  You said her just pointing her finger in your face woulda been enough.  So what would have you done?

If it was me, I'd probably just take it, but I'd never be stupid enough to go around flirting with other girls if I had a gf.

I personally don't see the sense in cheating on someone. Just break it off with them if you don't like them anymore.

I would probably never be in this situation, but if i was, i'd take it, why would you get angry at her for doing what any sane person would do in such a situation (A sane person thats alcohol fueled).

tipp78 (3/25/2008)
dyoshot (3/25/2008)

We'll what would you have done?  You said her just pointing her finger in your face woulda been enough.  So what would have you done?

If it was me, I'd probably just take it, but I'd never be stupid enough to go around flirting with other girls if I had a gf.

What would I have done? If I drove her there, I would have left her there and that would be the end of the relationship. I would have gotten away from the situation quick. Then again, if I wanted to cheat on my lady, I wouldn't try to do that while she's there at the bar with me. I didn't know the guy well at all, but he didn't look like a winner.

dyoshot (3/25/2008)
tipp78 (3/25/2008)
dyoshot (3/25/2008)

What would I have done? If I drove her there, I would have left her there and that would be the end of the relationship. I would have gotten away from the situation quick. Then again, if I wanted to cheat on my lady, I wouldn't try to do that while she's there at the bar with me. I didn't know the guy well at all, but he didn't look like a winner.

Yea foreals if that guy wants to cheat he picked the wrong time with his gf near but i think he got what was coming to him.

dyoshot (3/25/2008)
tipp78 (3/25/2008)
dyoshot (3/25/2008)

We'll what would you have done? You said her just pointing her finger in your face woulda been enough. So what would have you done?

I agree with you that leaving her sitting there was probably the right way to go, keep in mind though you're leaving your girl tipsy and very pissed off at you in a wolfs den like a nightclub something may go down (like her) that you won't like too much. If your done with her, its no sweat, but I never liked going to clubs with girls I cared about anyway, too many guys looking to hit on her, too many other girls that catch my eye....bad situation all around.

dyoshot (3/25/2008)

I wouldn't be in that position because I would be faithful

But yeah, if any dude can't contain his anger against a woman (ESPECIALLY when he deserves every bit of ridicule that she's throwing his way), he needs to go find himself a pair of nuts.

dyoshot (3/25/2008)

I would have laughed hysterically, then would have mocked her as security drug her out the door.

The next morning I would file for a restraining order.

Someone already said this, but I'll repeat it since I think so as well.  This isn't the first time these two have been through this.  Sounds like one of these disfunctional relatoinships where they have knockdown drag out fights and then great makeup sex.  I wouldn't be suprised if you wouldn't see that same scene repreated weekend after weekend.  Or at least several times a year.  You'd be suprised what some couples go through to keep their sex lives interesting, even if they don't realize it's what they're doing. 

cheaton (3/26/2008)
Someone already said this, but I'll repeat it since I think so as well. This isn't the first time these two have been through this. Sounds like one of these disfunctional relatoinships where they have knockdown drag out fights and then great makeup sex. I wouldn't be suprised if you wouldn't see that same scene repreated weekend after weekend. Or at least several times a year. You'd be suprised what some couples go through to keep their sex lives interesting, even if they don't realize it's what they're doing.

Is that why rednecks have so many kids?

I would've walked out after step 1.  My girl slaps me in public, I wouldn't stand there so she could do all of that other stuff.  Why would you just stand there like a dolt?

For the record, he deserved what he got.  I wouldn't do that to my girl.  But I'm taking that stuff out of the equation and just taking into account what she did.  I've never hit a woman in my life, and I hope I'll never hit a woman as long as I live.  But that's also why I'd walk away.