can someone give me a reascon on why not to draft this guy???

There really are no negatives on this guy. He might just be the best pick we could make... at #3.

Thing is, I think Brian Brohm is the only franchise QB of this draft. We need a franchise QB more than a franchise DT. So it is logical (at least for me) to lock up Brian Brohm before anyone else can, because there's no one else I'd be satisfied with at QB from this draft. But I'd be satisfied with Trevor Laws at DT, in the 2nd.

So Dorsey really has no reasons not to draft him, but IMO neither does Brian Brohm. And we can probably trade down and get Brian Brohm.

iDash (3/25/2008)
He is Short, Injured, and Small

Clearly you didn't watch LSU play much. 

Short?  I'm not really sure he classifies as short.  I also don't really understand the importance of having a 7-footer at the position anyways.  If a guy can play, he can play.

Injured?  Well we won't draft him if he doesn't pass all the testing he's sure to undergo.  By the way, he never missed a game at LSU.

Small?  Isn't he 300+ lbs?  I guess you'd prefer an overweight, slug of a man, in Frank Okam?

DrDetecto (3/25/2008)
There really are no negatives on this guy. He might just be the best pick we could make... at #3.

Thing is, I think Brian Brohm is the only franchise QB of this draft. We need a franchise QB more than a franchise DT. So it is logical (at least for me) to lock up Brian Brohm before anyone else can, because there's no one else I'd be satisfied with at QB from this draft. But I'd be satisfied with Trevor Laws at DT, in the 2nd.

So Dorsey really has no reasons not to draft him, but IMO neither does Brian Brohm. And we can probably trade down and get Brian Brohm.

thats pretty much what i was thinking.

there are no reasons that this guy wont succeed unless he suffers some career threatening injury in the next few years. i want to trade down though because we have so many holes to fill and i think its easier if we trade down with say dallas. however if we stay at 3 he is the pick no doubt

Mike Heuertz (3/25/2008)
Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

Tell me 1 reason why...

Well the one reason is kind of a big one-it's not knowing whether or not he's going to need surgery...on BOTH knees.  Never missed a game but he's been wearing down ligaments in both knees for two years, it seems.  He might be a guy you draft and he ends up only playing in 4 games his rookie season, and still isn't completely healthy.  If you're going to give a guy 45 million dollars, you want to make sure you get something for it.

If we have to have a DT. at 3 and Dorsey isn't sound healthy wise then grab Ellis or move down and get Clabo , Williams the next best LTs. if the 2 best DTs are gone . IMO Ellis is the best pic and safest of the two . Even Dorsey wouldn't argue who was the better between him and Ellis ,when he was asked at the combine. Either one is fine if all heath issues have been cleared by the doctors. It wouldn't surpise me if Miami or St. Louis didn't pic one or both of them in the 1st rd. ahead of us.