Will Brian Brohm last until the Falcons first 2nd round pick?

Brian

This question is very important to updating my mock draft. I think Brohm is a first round talent that falls because of the greater strength of the other positions in this draft. I am afraid that Baltimore, Chicago, or Tampa could take him, but I think Baltimore will go CB/OT, Chicago will go RB/OT, and Tampa will go WR/CB. Then you have the Dolphins to worry about at pick #32, but I think if they pass on Ryan they won't take a QB and give Beck a chance.

this is what i think:

between baltimore, carolina, chicago and tampa bay, there are a few obstacles to brohm lasting all the way to us.

baltimore has a big need at CB and also OT, so it is possible they pass on him. especially if they like henne or flacco, both of which would be available in the 2nd when they pick imo. that means they can go with mckelvin, drc for cb or clady/williams there.

carolina has a big LT need, big enough that i could see them moving up for clady, and also they could probably use a DE, power RB and a saftey, all in addition to QB. i think they could pass on brohm.

chicago needs lots of OL help, but they pose the largest threat to drafting brohm imo. they have needed a good QB for so long that i think the only way they would pass on brohm here is if they were either absolutely in love with another prospect moreso than brohm here, or they rank ryan above brohm and both happen to be available. RB is a lesser need, but they want competition for benson. those 3 are their big ones imo.

tampa bay needs CB help bad, WR help bad and perhaps a QB, though i think that has to be a little low on their list relative to the other two, where they have decent starting talent but little or no depth. jmo.

personally, i think the bears would take him. that is, if ryan isnt available and they rank him above brohm.

I think if Miami skips on a QB with #1 overall, they won't take one at all in this draft, unless it is a latee round.

Chicago also concerns me the most, however Mendenhall seems now the favorite with an LT like Chris Williams a close second. Mendenhall is from Illinois so he would greatly boost the happiness of the fan base, and Mendenhall and Benson could become a very potent tandem, with Benson used for shorter yardage plays and goal-line.

With that said, if we are truly sold on Brohm, we either sit still or we trade up with the Broncos. It will jump ahead of the Bears so we can land Brohm, and since the Broncos need a few things they can get them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds instead of reaching for one prospect in the first (they need a MLB so they can put DJ back outside, they need a WR to go with/insurance for Brandon Marshall, and they need an O-lineman).

the obstacles for brohm making it to 34. The Panthers, Bucs, Bears, and Dolphins. I think the Panthers pass because they have other needs and the Bears will most likely take mendenhall or chris williams. the dolphins have been rumored to prefer chad henne with pick no. 32. I think the biggest threat is the Bucs, john gruden loves quarterbacks and he could take this one. if he makes it past the Bucs we need to try to get either the chargers or cowboys first rounder to get brohm to ensure bill parcells doesnt flip flop and take brohm

No... between Kansas City, Baltimore, Carolina, Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and then Miami in the 2nd... I just can't see him falling like that.  I'm not even sold on the idea that Ryan goes before him as a sure thing.  And then there is the possibility of someone ELSE trading up to get him.  You just never know...

It only takes one GM to be impressed enough with him and it doesn't matter what the perception of their biggest needs happens to be.  No one though Philly would take Kevin Kolb at the top of the 2nd round, but he was the highest rated QB on their board.

Are there a lot of people really predicting the Buccaneers to take Brohm?

I've got ten words for those predictions:  Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown, Brian Greise, Jeff Garcia.  Those are the FIVE quarterbacks that Tampa Bay already has on the roster.

I know that Gruden never saw a quarterback he didn't like, but I still think it's beyon him when they have needs like WR, LT, and DT.  Not a lot of positions to fill but they're rather weak at all of those, and they're in a position where they're likely to have value picks at all three positions with their first round pick.