Does anyone see Abraham here for longer than 2 or more seasons?

Stopped Short (3/25/2008)
I don't think so. He's a pro bowl player that will soon be entering the decline of his career and he's playing for a team that is clearly rebuilding and won't be ready to contend for a few years. I expect him to be cut/traded by next year.

You are correct, maybe a draft day trade to go up and get Brohm?

cblack (3/25/2008)
typical ramblings by a fan base that for some reason vehemently despises keeping anyone of any  football revelance.........wonder were we would be ranked if they took fan bases into account when they do preseason rankings;)

football revelance for 2 years versus football revelance for 12 yrs...hmmmm? Yeah maybe I am wrong, sorry for posting and wasting your time.

I don't think so. He's a pro bowl player that will soon be entering the decline of his career and he's playing for a team that is clearly rebuilding and won't be ready to contend for a few years. I expect him to be cut/traded by next year.

People on this Message board are just flat out CRAZY! The dude is 29!! he still has atleast 4-5 years left if not more because of the time he has spent injured off the field with little injuries.... Our new regime is not stupid enough to get rid of not only our best defensive player... but a great team player on and off the field... seriously... its like people want to do anything to complete their agenda...

##### Chris Long and get rid of Abraham...?!?! is that a ##### joke

i cant lie...i have thought about that....but we are not in the position to draft for future needs with our early round picks.....

I dont think abe is on the decline....he hasnt shown that he is but he is turning 30 soon and i do see us keeping Abe till his contract runs out in 2011 if his play stays the same.......dude is a beast

So....................How about those Hawks?
cblack (3/25/2008)
typical ramblings by a fan base that for some reason vehemently despises keeping anyone of any  football revelance.........wonder were we would be ranked if they took fan bases into account when they do preseason rankings;)

Say bra don't take it personal:)but since when do you get rid of some one proven for someone you don't know can cut it for one year let alone 12 seasons:crazy:

Your not wasting my time we jus chattin aint we:D 

he can't walk his dog without pulling his hamstring, just how will he pass an NFL physical?

keith thompson (3/25/2008)

he can't walk his dog without pulling his hamstring, just how will he pass an NFL physical?

Who????

.... he's playing for a team that is clearly rebuilding and won't be ready to contend for a few years. I expect him to be cut/traded by next year.

WHAT!!? I say "what" to the idea FALCONS not being competitive immediately.

As for John Abraham, I think he came here with the idea of retiring from here.

The only question is Does he go out at the end of the 2009 or 2010 and Does he go

out at the top of his game as DUN did not.

John Blad (3/25/2008)
maybe we could trade our whole team away for draft picks :D

jk

Yea and then we could do the same thing next year once some one shows some promise.........just think we could be in rebuilding mode every year:P Think of the picks we could get...............think of the possibilities:P  :ermm:  :crying:  :sick:  :smooooth:

Petrino is NOT my hero (3/25/2008)

Our new regime is not stupid enough to get rid of not only our best defensive player

ummm their not? then why is hall gone?

mike boraski (3/25/2008)
Petrino is NOT my hero (3/25/2008)

Our new regime is not stupid enough to get rid of not only our best defensive player

ummm their not? then why is hall gone?

Because cause hall wasn't our best player? uh duhh... Boley and Abraham are more important to our defense... D Hall was WAY over rated... 70 mil 7 yrs... ? You gotta be crazy to give him that money... aka al davis