a total draft summary from nfl.com

birdz4i

that was very interesting post. i think last year was a good draft, and hopefully rhis year will be even better. we have a really strong f o now and i think everyone is on the same pageand that seems to really make a differance. everything is really looking up. c w

Hard Knock (3/25/2008)
I hope we draft great in 08 thanks for the post

I am not a McKay lover, but how can you say that his drafts were so-so? His last two drafts EVERY player drafted made the team. And almost all of them made a contribution. Almost every major sporting outlet graded our draft an A or B+ last year, and some said we had the best draft of anyone.

Looking back to the first year, it is amazing that the Falcons had so many draft busts. Clearly the lack of draft knowledge has been the Falcon's biggest shortcoming throughout history.

The coaches can do a lot to mold players but they must have the horses to train.

Hmm Great Post but this confirms what I have always felt.............

Before Mckay who had some of the better drafts in years it goes all the way back To leeman Bennett Days in the late 70s to 80 that we had decent Drafts at least at the top of the Draft.

Think about it hmmmmmmmm we have never had one man like TD in charge to make the Decisions without a meddling Owner ( Rankin Smith) 80s through Mid 90s and then Dan Reaves who was an excellent coach but not a Draft guru and also had to through Rankin Smith......... and then the 2000s with Arthur Blank and some young coaches as well Mckay trying to make draft picks by Committee.

I love Blank as a Owner because I do feel he cares about the team, but the reason the Falcons have not had consistency is that they need one man!!!  Who will take input from the coaches but Picks his men (Live or die with) and makes solid decisions without worrying about the fans..............I know we do pay the bills for them LOL

Owner Arthur Blank put your input in....

Coaches put your input in

Fans put your input in

But TD Build this team without worrying about anything other then the main Goal ...

A Winning Organization!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Mckay did well in the mid rounds but he missed on the last two top picks and he made an unproven QB the highest paid player based only on his potential. I could not believe it when he did that The highest paid QB in the NFL was an erratic inaccurate passer, who couldn't read defenses to save his life. So much so that defenses put nine players in the box and dared him to hit his hot reads and he couldn't. Forget about Vick's character he was a bust as a passer. :w00t:

jgentry162 (3/26/2008)
The highest paid QB in the NFL was an erratic inaccurate passer, who couldn't read defenses to save his life. So much so that defenses put nine players in the box and dared him to hit his hot reads and he couldn't. Forget about Vick's character he was a bust as a passer. :w00t:

Yes, and the tooth fairy is real and Knapp was really an offensive genius who was held back by the lowly Vick. :hehe: