Share your draft day plans.

Farmer

I've already got it scheduled off from work.  I've got five other guys coming over, all fans of different teams.  We'll start the day off around 9 AM with a little flag football game.  Then we'll be cooking out and tailgating in my driveway.  Then probably around 2-2:30 we're going to head out to a sports bar to watch the draft. 

What will you all be doing?

None of my friends follow the draft whatsoever.  But, that won't stop me from enjoying it.  I plan of getting up a little early and cooking out all day.  I'll probably smoke some ribs and wings.  And later on I'll throw some bratwursts and burgers on the grill.

To kill some time before the draft, I'll probably ride some ATVs for a little while. 

Scott24Falcs (3/25/2008)
None of my friends follow the draft whatsoever.  But, that won't stop me from enjoying it.  I plan of getting up a little early and cooking out all day.  I'll probably smoke some ribs and wings.  And later on I'll throw some bratwursts and burgers on the grill.

To kill some time before the draft, I'll probably ride some ATVs for a little while. 

Sounds like a pretty sweet day.  That sucks that none of your friends follow the draft.

jidady (3/25/2008)
Normally, we do it up right by buying Hawaiian shirts, lots of snacks, going out to eat at sports bars and the like. This year, I just hope to be up and walking by then.

That sucks, what happened if you don't mind me asking?

Back on subject, I'll be up early to watch it. Hang out with some of my buddies and possibly grill or just order food. Can't wait for it to roll around!

Scott24Falcs (3/25/2008)
None of my friends follow the draft whatsoever. But, that won't stop me from enjoying it. I plan of getting up a little early and cooking out all day. I'll probably smoke some ribs and wings. And later on I'll throw some bratwursts and burgers on the grill.

Can I come?

I'll probably be watching the whole draft while on MSN talking to my friends. I got one who is a Saints fan, so I'm hoping the Saints fail extra hard.

jidady (3/25/2008)
I'm getting 18 inches of colon removed in a couple of weeks. It sounds worse than it is, but April and May are going to be gruesome.

I just said a quick prayer for you.  You're right, that sounds horrible.  I didn't even know a human has 18 inches of colon.

Me and 2 of my best friends are currently in discussions of having a draft party either at my place or my friends house in Jackson. We'd probably have it over at friend's #3 house normally but he just had a baby girl so that rules that out. Planning on having a poker game going and me firing up the grill.

We have a month to pan things out, though.

jidady (3/25/2008)
I'm getting 18 inches of colon removed in a couple of weeks. It sounds worse than it is, but April and May are going to be gruesome.

If it makes you feel better:  If we take Matt Ryan, I may just take out 18 inches of my own colon the old-fashioned way.

But seriously, I hope all goes well.