Dad Guilty of Putting Baby in Microwave

prolikewhoa

ajc

Dad Guilty of Putting Baby in Microwave

GALVESTON, Texas A young Texas father has been found guilty of badly injuring his infant daughter by putting her in a microwave.

The verdict Tuesday means the jurors turned aside 20-year-old Joshua Mauldin's argument that he was insane. Jurors will now consider evidence on how to sentence him.

He faces anywhere from probation to life in prison.

Mauldin claimed he was going through a psychotic episode when he put 2-month-old Ana in a microwave for 10 to 20 seconds in May.

But prosecutors said Mauldin knowingly hurt his daughter because he was angry about being stuck in a loveless marriage.

Ana was badly burned and part of one ear had to be amputated. Officials say Ana is still receiving treatment but is doing well.

----

40 to life should be a good sentence. :crazy:

Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
And I again, I wonder where in the **** did all of these bat ##### crazy f*ckers suddenly come from, and why in Odin's Blue Fuzzy ****, did they come here? :crazy:

If by "here", you mean America, in what other country can criminals get healthcare, education, three meals per day, a full gym and conjugal visits?

etifan (3/25/2008)
Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
And I again, I wonder where in the **** did all of these bat ##### crazy f*ckers suddenly come from, and why in Odin's Blue Fuzzy ****, did they come here? :crazy:

If by "here", you mean America, in what other country can criminals get healthcare, education, three meals per day, a full gym and conjugal visits?

Point taken...;)

ignorant_icarus (3/25/2008)
What upsets me is all the loving caring people who unsuccessfully try for years and pay thousands of dollars to get pregnant. Then society's taint can pop multiple kids out only to neglect, abuse, and sometimes kill them. Makes me laugh at the phrase "Gods Plan".

My sister is the sweetest person I know and the most caring individual I've ever met.  She has prayed everyday for a child.  She has been trying for years and has had 2 miscarraiges and may never be able to have children. 

One of my bestfriends is an alchoholic drug addict and his girlfriend is a total ##### and they get pregnet while she is on birth control. They had a shotgun wedding and now have a 1 year old girl that is stuck in the middle of a nasty custody battle.  They are unfit to be parents and never wanted to be parents. 

If God exists, he is not fair.

My sister is the sweetest person I know and the most caring individual I've ever met. She has prayed everyday for a child. She has been trying for years and has had 2 miscarraiges and may never be able to have children.

One of my bestfriends is an alchoholic drug addict and his girlfriend is a total ##### and they get pregnet while she is on birth control. They had a shotgun wedding and now have a 1 year old girl that is stuck in the middle of a nasty custody battle. They are unfit to be parents and never wanted to be parents.

When and if your sister is ever ready to stop trying, she'd make a H.O.F mother to a child up for adoption. She could save a kid from a fate like this.

When and if your sister is ever ready to stop trying, she'd make a H.O.F mother to a child up for adoption. She could save a kid from a fate like this.

She has told me that she has given it serious consideration.  I think it would be great for her and the adopted child.  There is just something about human nature that makes you want to pass on your genes, though. 

She has told me that she has given it serious consideration. I think it would be great for her and the adopted child. There is just something about human nature that makes you want to pass on your genes, though.

I definitely know what you are talking about with the gene's thing. I'm the last living male in with my last name who hasn't already had a vasectomy(we die young in my family). When I found my kid was a boy I was happy that he could carry on the name. Not like I've got some great legacy to pass on...but you get the point.

Best of luck to you sis, whatever she decides to do.

raptorial bird (3/25/2008)
ignorant_icarus (3/25/2008)
What upsets me is all the loving caring people who unsuccessfully try for years and pay thousands of dollars to get pregnant. Then society's taint can pop multiple kids out only to neglect, abuse, and sometimes kill them. Makes me laugh at the phrase "Gods Plan".

My sister is the sweetest person I know and the most caring individual I've ever met.  She has prayed everyday for a child.  She has been trying for years and has had 2 miscarraiges and may never be able to have children. 

One of my bestfriends is an alchoholic drug addict and his girlfriend is a total ##### and they get pregnet while she is on birth control. They had a shotgun wedding and now have a 1 year old girl that is stuck in the middle of a nasty custody battle.  They are unfit to be parents and never wanted to be parents. 

Sorry to hear about what your sister is going through...but I do have to ask...if you feel the way you do about that guy, why call him one of your bestfriends? :crazy:

Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/25/2008)
i believe there is only one way to punish this man.. think cromwell.

so you dig up his corpse, then behead him and stick his head on a pole in front ofWestminster Abbey:P

you remember what henry the 8th did to him didn't ya? besides what happened to him after he died..

SacFalcFan (3/25/2008)
Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/25/2008)

so you dig up his corpse, then behead him and stick his head on a pole in front ofWestminster Abbey:P

you remember what henry the 8th did to him didn't ya? besides what happened to him after he died..

Nope...can't remember the Henry the 8th thing...what I remember of Cromwell was he was made High Proctector of Britain, whatever in the **** that means...he disassembled Parliament, died of Malaria, and was later dug up and "executed"...:P

Sorry to hear about what your sister is going through...but I do have to ask...if you feel the way you do about that guy, why call him one of your bestfriends? :crazy:

Well, I've known him since birth and we've been through a lot together.  Having only had sisters, he is basically a brother to me.  He's an idiot, and I think I feel an obligation to look after him.  He has a good heart and good intentions, he just makes some ##### poor decisions.  He did recently join AA and hasn't drank in a few months.  He is finally admitting his problems and I hope, for the sake of his sweet baby girl, that he finds a way to be a responsible parent.

Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/25/2008)
Ton80Kid (3/25/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/25/2008)

Nope...can't remember the Henry the 8th thing...what I remember of Cromwell was he was made High Proctector of Britain, whatever in the **** that means...he disassembled Parliament, died of Malaria, and was later dug up and "executed"...:P

this is what I know about it:

Thomas Cromwell was not of noble descent, but, having studied law and been employed by Cardinal Wolsey, he became a member of the English Parliament in 1523. Just nine years later, having gained the King's confidence, he was Henry VIII's chief minister. Under his leadership of Parliament the English Reformation proceeded apace and acts were passed which freed Henry from the control of Rome, establishing him as head of the English church and enabling him to divorce his first wife, Katherine of Aragon. Cromwell also presided over the dissolution of the monasteries, and in 1540 he was created Earl of Essex. He had supported Henry in disposing of Anne Boleyn and replacing her with Jane Seymour, his son's wife's sister. However, after her death, his advice to Henry to marry Anne of Cleves, a disastrous alliance, gave his political enemies (most notably Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) the ammunition they needed to remove him from office. He was arrested, imprisoned and executed privately at the Tower of London in 1540 after which his head was boiled and set upon a spike on London Bridge.

*** King Henry at the end disliked him so much, he actually had an inexperienced umm executioner (someone in the late teens) to kill cromwell and succeeded on the 3rd attempt.