My expected scenario for Draft Day (first round)

1.  The Falcons with the #3 pick chooses Jake Long, OT, Michigan.

I suspect J. Long will be there.  I truly think Dimitroff considers Matt Ryan as overrated for that high of a first-round draft pick.  However, if Long is gone, then Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU would be my expected pick.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2.  The Falcons will offer their first two second-round picks (#34 and #37) to a team in the middle of Round One to pick Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.

The Vikings, Eagles, Redskins, or Cowboys may be receptive.  Of course, this assumes that the Chiefs, who are reportedly looking for a QB themselves, don't grab Brohm.  Too bad if they do, but if Ryan is there at #5 the Chiefs would probably pick him.  Yeah, Brohm may well fall into the second round, but I believe he's worth those two second round picks.  If the Falcons really want Brohm they will be sweating buckets waiting for the third pick of the second round to arrive.  Just use (in effect) one additional pick and get the QB you really want.

Man, Jake Long is probably not going to be there at 3, as much as I want him to be.

Luckily, we have a good choice of people, and we don't have to need someone to drop. We should be getting Jake Long, maybe, or Dorsey. If one is not there, the other one will be.

And I'm not sure that we have to draft up to the middle of the first round, I think Brohm will make it to the end of the first. Actually, I think he will drop to the 2nd, but we should move ahead of that just in case. Ryan should drop to at minimum Baltimore, maybe even further. Brohm should be a bargain for us.

sporkdevil (3/25/2008)
Man, Jake Long is probably not going to be there at 3, as much as I want him to be.

Luckily, we have a good choice of people, and we don't have to need someone to drop. We should be getting Jake Long, maybe, or Dorsey. If one is not there, the other one will be.

And I'm not sure that we have to draft up to the middle of the first round, I think Brohm will make it to the end of the first. Actually, I think he will drop to the 2nd, but we should move ahead of that just in case. Ryan should drop to at minimum Baltimore, maybe even further. Brohm should be a bargain for us.

Miami at #32 will be the only one we have to worry about. I doubt they'll take him. They need other positions more than QB. No need to send draft picks when we need all we can get. We have too many holes to fill to send picks away.