Chance of Drafting Dorsey and Matt Ryan

rexfalcon

I am convinced that we will take Dorsey at #3. Matt Ryan free fall will then start to take place. The chiefs will pass since they are in love with Croyle and Whitehurst. The Baltimore Ravens are in love with Brian Brohm. Their scouts were at every Lousiville game this season. If he gets pass Baltimore, then he falls into the teens.

The Falcons could then trade two second round picks to get back into the middle of the first round to draft Ryan.

I still wouldn't want Ryan at that point.

I guess I am just old fashioned, but I think if we are going to use such valuable picks on someone, he should have proven a little more on the actual football field. As is, we are looking more at what he could be instead of what he is. A decent college QB who tends to make poor decisions when he presses.

I'd rather the Falcons just take a QB at 3 than trade multiple picks to move back up and take one later in the first. If the Falcons take a QB at 3 they have 9 more picks to work with. If they trade up for a QB they are losing picks that they need for all the holes.

i have seen several mock drafts that have brohm going to ravens...but also alot that have them taking a defensive player like Sedrick Ellis if he falls to them or a Corner Like DRC....

this one has us taking Jake Long 3rd

giving up 48 and 68 picks for 28th pick from dallas and getting Brohm...ala The Browns last year...

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/738692.html

buffalofalcon (3/24/2008)
i have seen several mock drafts that have brohm going to ravens...but also alot that have them taking a defensive player like Sedrick Ellis if he falls to them or a Corner Like DRC....

this one has us taking Jake Long 3rd

giving up 48 and 68 picks for 28th pick from dallas and getting Brohm...ala The Browns last year...

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/738692.html

you know, for 1 second and 1 3rd (hopefully we get a 3rd for kerney) that wouldnt be bad at all.

stoned_jc7 (3/24/2008)
I still wouldn't want Ryan at that point.

I guess I am just old fashioned, but I think if we are going to use such valuable picks on someone, he should have proven a little more on the actual football field. As is, we are looking more at what he could be instead of what he is. A decent college QB who tends to make poor decisions when he presses.

bump!

rexfalcon (3/24/2008)
I am convinced that we will take Dorsey at #3. Matt Ryan free fall will then start to take place. The chiefs will pass since they are in love with Croyle and Whitehurst. The Baltimore Ravens are in love with Brian Brohm. Their scouts were at every Lousiville game this season. If he gets pass Baltimore, then he falls into the teens.

The Falcons could then trade two second round picks to get back into the middle of the first round to draft Ryan.

i think our gm is too smart to give our picks away for ryan since josh johnson is the best qb in this draft.