haha, I beat you know who to the latest Obama smear

charlestonchad

Obama church published Hamas terror manifesto

Compares charter calling for murder

of Jews to Declaration of Independence

March 20, 2008

JERUSALEM Sen. Barack Obama's Chicago church reprinted a manifesto by Hamas that defended terrorism as legitimate resistance, refused to recognize the right of Israel to exist and compared the terror group's official charter which calls for the murder of Jews to America's Declaration of Independence.

The Hamas piece was published on the "Pastor's Page" of the Trinity United Church of Christ newsletter reserved for Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., whose anti-American, anti-Israel remarks landed Obama in hot water, prompting the presidential candidate to deliver a major race speech earlier this week.

Hamas, responsible for scores of shootings, suicide bombings and rocket launchings against civilian population centers, is listed as a terrorist group by the U.S. State Department.

The revelation follows a recent WND article quoting Israeli security officials who expressed "concern" about Robert Malley, an adviser to Obama who has advocated negotiations with Hamas and providing international assistance to the terrorist group.

In his July 22, 2007, church newsletter, Wright reprinted an article by Mousa Abu Marzook, identified in the publication as a "deputy of the political bureau of Hamas." A photo image of the piece was captured and posted today by the business blog BizzyBlog, which first brought attention to it. The Hamas article was first published by the Los Angeles Times, garnering the newspaper much criticism.

According to senior Israeli security officials, Marzook, who resides in Syria alongside Hamas chieftain Khaled Meshaal, is considered the "brains" behind Hamas, designing much of the terror group's policies and ideology. Israel possesses what it says is a large volume of specific evidence that Marzook has been directly involved in calling for or planning scores of Hamas terrorist offensives, including deadly suicide bombings. He was also accused of attempting to set up a Hamas network in the U.S.

Marzook's original piece was titled, "Hamas' stand" but was re-titled "A Fresh View of the Palestinian Struggle" by Obama's church newsletter. The newsletter also referred to Hamas as the "Islamic Resistance Movement," and added in its introduction that Marzook was addressing Hamas' goals for "all of Palestine."

In the manifesto, Marzook refers to Hamas' "resistance" the group's perpetuation of anti-Israel terrorism targeting civilians as "legal resistance," which, he argues, is "explicitly supported by the Fourth Geneva Convention."

The Convention, which refers to the rights of people living under occupation, does not support suicide bombings or rocket attacks against civilian population centers, the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America noted.

Marzook refers to Hamas' official charter as "an essentially revolutionary document" and compares the violent creed to the Declaration of Independence, which, Marzook states, "simply did not countenance any such status for the 700,000 African slaves at that time."

Hamas' charter calls for the murder of Jews. Among its platforms is a statement that the "[resurrection] will not take place until the Muslims fight the Jews and the Muslims kill them, and the rock and the tree will say: 'Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, kill him!'"

cont:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59456

Steve_Bartkowski (3/24/2008)
robpanama (3/24/2008)
Who his preacher is really a nut job. Might should have found a new church a little sooner.

Ya you'd think that SOMETIME in that 20 years he would have thought...you know...this guys a little nuts...

"I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country - a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam. "

charlestonchad (3/24/2008)
robpanama (3/24/2008)
Who his preacher is really a nut job. Might should have found a new church a little sooner.

Ya you'd think that SOMETIME in that 20 years he would have thought...you know...this guys a little nuts...

"I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country - a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam. "

Oh yes, the 20 min speech that erases 20 years of history. Got it.

I knew you wouldn't actually respond to his comments. But hey, if Wright is the only dirt you have on Obama then he's going to be the next president.

I knew you wouldn't actually respond to his comments. But hey, if Wright is the only dirt you have on Obama then he's going to be the next president.

Notice how Steve has a little basket of talking points?

He tends to rotate between:

1. "A 20 minute speech doesn't overturn a 20 year relationship."

2. Posting a YouTube video from Scarborough's show.

3. Complaining about "black liberation theology".

4. Posting a YouTube video from Glenn Beck.

5. Cut and paste from a Wikipedia article (that is not even about black liberation theology) and whining about "marxism".

Did I miss anything?

charlestonchad (3/24/2008)But hey, if Wright is the only dirt you have on Obama then he's going to be the next president.

You must have sigs turned off. I have some more in my sig.

Yeah, but dirt is usually based on facts. Your sig has a bunch of videos you deemed to be bad, which is your opinion.

No way in **** Obama will be elected President of this Country, we haven't been dumbed down

by Liberal Educators that much just yet, but give it time when you have school boards like the

one in Clayton who are made up with a majority of tree swinging crap flingers it'll unfortunately

be sooner than later.........as the bell curve has to be lowered every year.....

steelerdawg (3/25/2008)
No way in **** Obama will be elected President of this Country, we haven't been dumbed down

by Liberal Educators that much just yet, but give it time when you have school boards like the

one in Clayton who are made up with a majority of tree swinging crap flingers it'll unfortunately

be sooner than later.........as the bell curve has to be lowered every year.....

What exactly is a "tree swinging crap flinger"?

steelerdawg (3/25/2008)

That's funny, because the IQ curve has to be shifted upward every year in order to make it normalize at 100.

You got it exactly backwards...in all aspects of your post.

steelerdawg (3/25/2008)

TREE SWINGING CRAP FLINGERS?

You just called Blacks, MONKEYS?

I hope Steve B does use that guilt by association on me, because you have dawg in your nick too.

You sir are a disgrace.

robpanama (3/24/2008)

Oh yes, the 20 min speech that erases 20 years of history. Got it.

Where has anyone said it 'erased' 20 years of history?

It explained how Obama felt about the pastor and his comments. Simple as that. You asked the question and Obama answered it.

steelerdawg (3/25/2008)

Please step away from your dad's computer.