It seems like the Jerry Jones trading up hype is growing and growing... Any thoughts?

Jp7833

Statick (3/24/2008)
If JJ is stupid enough to give them up just for the sake of moving up to get one player,then sure!

Na... I don't mind losing some value in our pick to get more quality picks, but the Cowboys would have to give up more than just their 2 first round picks to get anywhere close. that deal as stated just wouldn't get it done.

I see the Jets, KC, or Baltimore as more viable trade partners right now. If we made a trade with one of them, and JJ's target was still on the board, then I'd consider a swap of our 1st rounder (8th-ish in the draft, depending on our partner) for his 2 firsts.

I think Oakland is the top candidate to get McFadden at #4. Al Davis can't resist blowing money on a pure athlete. Miami, St. Louis, and us will not take him, so the position to trade to is #3 to save at least a little bit of money and jump in front of Oakland. We are the most likely trade candidate.

I want Dorsey soooo bad, but if we could trade with Dallas I'd be fine with that too.

formul8or (3/24/2008)
I think Oakland is the top candidate to get McFadden at #4. Al Davis can't resist blowing money on a pure athlete. Miami, St. Louis, and us will not take him, so the position to trade to is #3 to save at least a little bit of money and jump in front of Oakland. We are the most likely trade candidate.

I want Dorsey soooo bad, but if we could trade with Dallas I'd be fine with that too.

I wouldn't mind trading down to pick up extra picks, but I rather get Dorsey at #3. If not Dorsey, then Ellis.

As long as we address the DT spot with either of those two, I'd be happy.

da snowman (3/24/2008)
no because we cant afford to signmultiple 1st round pick and multiple 2nd round picks..speak reality people..

We have approximately 12 million in cap space right now....and signing two guys picked in the 20's will be significantly cheaper than signing one guy picked at no. 3...learn football, person...

mr pickle (3/24/2008)
da snowman (3/24/2008)
no because we cant afford to signmultiple 1st round pick and multiple 2nd round picks..speak reality people..

We have approximately 12 million in cap space right now....and signing two guys picked in the 20's will be significantly cheaper than signing one guy picked at no. 3...learn football, person...

No Question....ALOT cheaper.

mr pickle (3/24/2008)
da snowman (3/24/2008)

ok 12 million minus....the 3rd pick, which would probably knock off somewhere around the ballpark of 5-6 mil, then adding 2 more 1st rounders, plus 3 2nd rounders...are u kidding me??12 million can only scretch so far...not to mention the 3rd rounders.. and other free agents.

falcoatlantae (3/24/2008)
IHateThe Cowboys! (3/24/2008)
#22 and #28 do not equal a #3...we would be getting screwed, they would have to throw in some additionals as well. Maybe 3rd and a player even.

Exactly. It would probably be more like next year's first and this year's second.

ok 12 million minus....the 3rd pick, which would probably knock off somewhere around the ballpark of 5-6 mil, then adding 2 more 1st rounders, plus 3 2nd rounders...are u kidding me??12 million can only scretch so far...not to mention the 3rd rounders.. and other free agents.

You're wrong, let it go.

Statick (3/24/2008)
.leon (3/24/2008)
Although it's technically not a good trade, I would take Brohm+Collins+3rd over just Dorsey.

Exactly.

With all of the holes we have, we need all of the picks we can get.

i dont agree with that, yes we have "holes" but you still have to have impact players and dorsey is a impact type of player. drafting dorsey would improve our line faster than dafting 2 decent players imo. having a monster in the middle that can stop the run and rush the qb would make our lb better and our cbs better, so drafting dorsey to me would be like upgrading the lb and cbs and that alone would fill some our "holes"

dan minnich (3/24/2008)
Statick (3/24/2008)
.leon (3/24/2008)
Although it's technically not a good trade, I would take Brohm+Collins+3rd over just Dorsey.

Exactly.

With all of the holes we have, we need all of the picks we can get.

i dont agree with that, yes we have "holes" but you still have to have impact players and dorsey is a impact type of player. drafting dorsey would improve our line faster than dafting 2 decent players imo. having a monster in the middle that can stop the run and rush the qb would make our lb better and our cbs better, so drafting dorsey to me would be like upgrading the lb and cbs and that alone would fill some our "holes"

It wouldn't be as good as drafting three decent players though. I don't think we'd do it for the two firsts....he'd have to throw in the second, too.

Branden Albert+Gosder Cherildus+Curtis Lofton/Dajuan Morgan/Trevor Laws> Glenn Dorsey.

no we are trading the third pick for the 2 later first rounders whom we would sign for less than that 5-6 million figure you threw out there.

I think a trade between Oakland and Dallas is a more viable scenario.  If you go by the trade value chart there is a 400 point difference between the 3rd and 4th pick.  The 400 point difference is equal to a mid 2nd round pick.

Peter King, who I greatly respect, has this scenario in his mock draft.  You can see this at:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...mmqb/index.html

I still don't see Dallas doing this without moving Barber.  He could be part of a deal though.

Celt (3/24/2008)
I think a trade between Oakland and Dallas is a more viable scenario. If you go by the trade value chart there is a 400 point difference between the 3rd and 4th pick. The 400 point difference is equal to a mid 2nd round pick.

Peter King, who I greatly respect, has this scenario in his mock draft. You can see this at:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...mmqb/index.html

I still don't see Dallas doing this without moving Barber. He could be part of a deal though.

And Barber's great and all, but what would we want with him, since we just signed Michael Turner?

I'd think they'd have someone either on the OL or defensive side of the ball that they could throw in to bring the deal closer to equal.