What sites do you concider having the best rankings ?

Draftnut57

Draftnut57 (3/24/2008)
Thanks in advance .

I like Draftcountdown , Walters , and NFLdraftscout , and a few others . Who do you like?

My top 5 in order.....

1. Draft scout

2. Walters

3. DraftInsiders

4. GBN

5. Scouts, Inc (ESPN Insider)

Countdown might be 6th on my list.

I know people seem to hate the Sporting News rankings, because they always seem so out of line with everyone elses. I've noticed though, when I go back to their site AFTER DRAFT DAY, their player rankings are a lot closer to where the players actually ended up being drafted than most other services.

They also do a good job of spotting players that are over hyped (and end up being drafted lower than most people think) and prediciting players that will be drafted higher than most people think.

A good example is Ryan & Brohm. TSN has Brohm rated the #1 QB (player rank #15) and an early-mid 1st round pick. They have Ryan rated #2 (player rank #32) and a mid-late 1st round pick. 

A little different than what most pundits are predicting, but closer to where I feel they will fall.

P.S.

Their mock drafts are the worst. Just terrible. Often they don't even line up with their player ratings. Ignore their mock drafts, but the player ratings ans write ups are good.

Their mock drafts are the worst. Just terrible. Often they don't even line up with their player ratings. Ignore their mock drafts, but the player ratings ans write ups are good.

You are right! Their Mocks are horrible, but they usually have very good player write ups.

2 other draft "gurus" who I can't stand:Mike Maycock and Todd McShay.

Mel Kiper seems to do a pretty good job with his big board.