Matt Jones...interested?

The insider said the Jags will likely keep him around for training camp but that he would have to have a lights-out showing in camp to stick on the roster. The offseason acquisitions of Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson have lessened the Jags need at receiver.

I think he has not been given enough time to develop as a WR. But man what and athlete. If he signed, he would be our best athlete, no question. I think it would be worth a chance.

IHateThe Cowboys! (3/24/2008)

The insider said the Jags will likely keep him around for training camp but that he would have to have a lights-out showing in camp to stick on the roster. The offseason acquisitions of Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson have lessened the Jags need at receiver.

I think he has not been given enough time to develop as a WR. But man what and athlete. If he signed, he would be our best athlete, no question. I think it would be worth a chance.

I thought Matt Jones was a TE?

Statick (3/24/2008)

At Arkansas a few years ago, he was their starting QB and a pretty darned good one.  Guy was tall and could run like nobody's business.  Jax drafted him and have been trying to convert him into a WR. 

falconfansince66 (3/24/2008)
Statick (3/24/2008)

At Arkansas a few years ago, he was their starting QB and a pretty darned good one.  Guy was tall and could run like nobody's business.  Jax drafted him and have been trying to convert him into a WR. 

Yeah, I remember him at QB during his Arkansas days and I do remember JAX drafting him as a TE, but I had no idea that they were trying to convert him to WR.

He's a great athlete, but if they cut him because he doesn't equate out into a WR, then I'd wouldn't be against bringing him into the ATL as a TE.

Matt Jones would be a waste of TE for our new scheme. He isnt strong enough to block a DE and frankly can barely block a CB. Anyways, we need a TE who can block for our new running game. If we did take him in he would be a TE/WR like Colston is for the Saints. He just needs some glue surgically enveloped in his hands.

yumf (3/24/2008)
Just say no. I live in Jacksonville and they call him Maria Jones down here. He has no heart or drive. There were games this year that he wasn't even active. If he can't play in Jacksonville, we surely don't want him.

Not sure if you are aware of our WRs, but sounds like he would be a great fit with the rest of them....lol

I think it would be a somewhat cheap chance to give him a shot.