Peter King "Thomas Dimitroff, is a very big Dorsey fan"

red2play

3. Atlanta. LSU DT Glenn Dorsey. Trust me. The Falcons' new GM, Thomas Dimitroff, is a very big Dorsey fan. And for all you out there who say, "No! You can't take a guy with a bum leg with the third pick in the draft,'' I would advise you to remember two things. One: Dorsey never missed a game due to injury in his LSU career. Two: Anthony Munoz was flunked on his pre-draft physical by 14 teams. Fourteen! And he only went on to be one of the greatest offensive tackles in the last 40 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ.../21/mmqb/1.html

Looks like its Dorsey with the 3rd pick.  I couldn't be happier.  This, along with Adam Shefer reporting the same thing pretty much makes it a lock.

ATL4ever (3/24/2008)
If Jerry wants to trade up for McFadden in exchange for #22 & #28th picks. TD should be listening. 

I wouyld like to see Dorsey on the d-line next year. However, if Jerry is will to give up the #22 and the #28 for the #3 then I would say do the trade. We can still really good players at them spots as well..

the evil emperor (3/24/2008)
Jake Long will never make it past the rams.

So Dorsey it is !

I wouldn't bet on that.  They have no pass rush what so ever.  Their problems at OT were because Orlando Pace was lost for the season.  They may try to ride him another year before addressing the LT position and instead go for somebody that can help out that ridiculously terrible pass rush they have.

pzummo (3/24/2008)

So Dorsey it is !

I wouldn't bet on that.  They have no pass rush what so ever.  Their problems at OT were because Orlando Pace was lost for the season.  They may try to ride him another year before addressing the LT position and instead go for somebody that can help out that ridiculously terrible pass rush they have.

Or, since they've got a high second round pick, they could get a tackle there or even trade back into the first to get one. It's no lock that St. Louis takes Jake Long; he could indeed be there.

Given the choice between Dorsey and Long, I'd probably take Dorsey because I think he's a better DT than Long is an OT. That said, I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over Long.

Direwolf

direwolf (3/24/2008)
pzummo (3/24/2008)

So Dorsey it is !

Or, since they've got a high second round pick, they could get a tackle there or even trade back into the first to get one. It's no lock that St. Louis takes Jake Long; he could indeed be there.

Given the choice between Dorsey and Long, I'd probably take Dorsey because I think he's a better DT than Long is an OT. That said, I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over Long.

Direwolf

I would be happy with either of them.  Personally, I would prefer Jake Long because I think we could get Pat Sims in the second.  Our OL is hurting really badly so I'd really like us to address it.  I know our DL is looking thin, but I was impressed with Trey Lewis last season.  Frankly, I think a DL rotation of Trey Lewis and Pat Sims at NT with Bab's and Moorhead rotating at UT is a lot more serviceable than what we are looking at in regards to LT.  I think Dorsey and Jake Long are the top two talents in this draft, and I would probably put Dorsey as a close first over Long, but I put LT as a much higher need, and I don't see the talent dropoff for DT's as much as it is for LT's.

I will be happy if we turn in our card with either one of them on it.  Unfortunately, that means that St Louis will have to pass on one of them unless Miami does.

I wouldn't mind Dorsey or Long but I don't see us taking Long.  If Dosey isn't there, we can probably trade out for someone who wants Gholston a few picks later and get Sedrick Ellis, Jeff Otah or Chris Williams.  I don't think Long is a lock for a Left Tackle, which we need.

Statick (3/24/2008)
Good to hear.

I just hope he falls to us.

:laugh: I love that .gif. Hilarious.

As far as drafting Dorsey: There seems to be less and less worry about his injury. That's fineand i'd have no problem with the Falcons taking him. Remember though, he was often picked to be the #1 overall selection before injury concerns surfaced. Who says Miami or St Louis won't take him.

I would be happy with either of them.  Personally, I would prefer Jake Long because I think we could get Pat Sims in the second.  Our OL is hurting really badly so I'd really like us to address it.  I know our DL is looking thin, but I was impressed with Trey Lewis last season.  Frankly, I think a DL rotation of Trey Lewis and Pat Sims at NT with Bab's and Moorhead rotating at UT is a lot more serviceable than what we are looking at in regards to LT.  I think Dorsey and Jake Long are the top two talents in this draft, and I would probably put Dorsey as a close first over Long, but I put LT as a much higher need, and I don't see the talent dropoff for DT's as much as it is for LT's.

My worry about Lewis is that we don't know if he'll come back from his knee injury (which he just re-injured and lost all the progress he'd made in his rehab) and be the same player who showed flashes of excellence last year. If he does, great, but I'd rather take another DT with excellent talent to make sure that we're solid on the d-line.

Direwolf

Sun Tzu 7 (3/24/2008)
Who says Miami or St Louis won't take him.

Luckily, he's more of a 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DE so he doesn't fit what Miami is looking to do.

You would think the Rams have bigger needs but who knows?

Whether they have a need or not depends on Adam Carriker. If they wanted to move Carriker back out to DE, then Dorsey would fit right in with them.