Are you excited about [possibly] becoming a drop-back-and-pass team again?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ghostwriter (3/24/2008)
Now that the Vick era is over, the Falcons may want to establish a quarterback that will stay in the pocket and pass rather than a scrambling one.

Would you rather us get another scrambling quarterback or have a passer?

All other things being equal (size, arm, football IQ, etc), I'd prefer a scrambling quarterback, but only if he was pass-first. It's nice to be able to roll the quarterback out and force the defense to honor his running ability...

I'm looking forward to getting a pocket Qb that doesn't panic at the first sight of a rush.  Vick's run were really exciting but the WR and OL were always confused as to if they were in a passing situation or if Vick was going to be running the ball himself.   If our WR can continue to progress as they did last year we should be ok on offense maybe not this year but in 2009. 

ghostwriter (3/24/2008)
Now that the Vick era is over, the Falcons may want to establish a quarterback that will stay in the pocket and pass rather than a scrambling one.

Would you rather us get another scrambling quarterback or have a passer?

You mean like last year? I'd rather have a scrambling one.

GAgamers (3/24/2008)
I like the direction TD and Smith are going thus far with the Falcons. Chris Redman looks like he will be the starter in week one and he will help lead this team to at least an 8-8 record. I like the QB that we have for right now.

I think Redman will have a good season. Of course, depending on how the OL plays.

IHateThe Cowboys! (3/24/2008)
Well, scrambling QBs do not work in the NFL....look at the top teams in the NFL...no scrambling QBs. Eli, Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Romo, etc. And when was the last time a scrambling QB won the Super Bowl....NEVER?

Give me a drop back pocket passer in the NFL!

When was the last time Rivers or Romo won the Super Bowl? No black head coach had won the Bowl until 2 years ago. No team had gone 18-0 then lost the Super Bowl until last year.

Exceptions happen, I think if Vick had this staff he'd get there.  He carried us and last year without him showed his impact.

wow..what a way to start another vick hate topic...whats so exciting about becoming a drop back passing team??how stupid is that question. wins are the only thing that matter. no matter how u get them, thats the only important thing. i would rather take a mobile QB and a 10-6 record then a passing QB with a 5-11 record, but thats what yall seem to want so oh well.

formul8or (3/24/2008)
Well, scrambling QBs do not work in the NFL....look at the top teams in the NFL...no scrambling QBs. Eli, Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Romo, etc. And when was the last time a scrambling QB won the Super Bowl....NEVER?

When was the last time Rivers or Romo won the Super Bowl? No black head coach had won the Bowl until 2 years ago. No team had gone 18-0 then lost the Super Bowl until last year.

Exceptions happen, I think if Vick had this staff he'd get there.  He carried us and last year without him showed his impact.

Yeah Vick was the exception....whatever dude., Doesn't really matter anymore, we will never find out for sure. And look at who ther Black head coaches at QB? not scrambling guys. Don't make this a race issue. Doug Williams was a great QB, but he was a Drop back pocket passer....so sorry you are wrong!

formul8or (3/24/2008)

Yeah Vick was the exception....whatever dude., Doesn't really matter anymore, we will never find out for sure. And look at who the Black head coaches have at QB? not scrambling guys. Don't make this a race issue. Doug Williams was a great QB, but he was a Drop back pocket passer....Scrambling QBs do not get it done...so sorry you are wrong!

formul8or (3/24/2008)

OH MY GOD YOU DID NOT JUST SAY DOUG WILLIAMS WAS A GREAT QB!!!!! PEOPLE ON THESE BOARDS ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!!!! WILLIAMS WAS AS MEDIOCRE OF A QB AS IT GETS. NEXT YOU'LL BE SATYING DILFER WAS A GREAT QB!!!!!!!!

As far as the scrambling qb never winning  a superbowl, first of all your wrong, steve young won a super bowl and he was the very definition of a scrambling qb. newsflash, you dont have to be black to be a scrambling qb. second of all, how many scrambling qbs are in the league at once at any given time? th odds are a pocket passing qb will win the sb because 29 out of 32 teams had a pocket passer!!!!!!!! but hey thats just common sense i wouldnt expect you people to be able to understand that.

by the way, those 3 scrambling qbs that have been in the league recently, mcnabb, vick, and young, how many of them have losing records in thier career?

as far as the person calling vick a "gimmick" qb you are a complete retardd. he won 65% of his games since becoming the starter, on temas that should have won about 20% of thier games, which, by the way, what a coincidence, was the falcons win% in games vik mssed while he was the starting qb.

but hy, i dont expect you to do any objective reasoning or use your brain, or actually think before you write stupid comments, so its ok that your a complete moronn.

Yeah Vick was the exception....whatever dude., Doesn't really matter anymore, we will never find out for sure. And look at who ther Black head coaches at QB? not scrambling guys. Don't make this a race issue. Doug Williams was a great QB, but he was a Drop back pocket passer....so sorry you are wrong!

OH MY GOD YOU DID NOT JUST SAY DOUG WILLIAMS WAS A GREAT QB!!!!! PEOPLE ON THESE BOARDS ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!!!! WILLIAMS WAS AS MEDIOCRE OF A QB AS IT GETS. NEXT YOU'LL BE SATYING DILFER WAS A GREAT QB!!!!!!!!

As far as the scrambling qb never winning  a superbowl, first of all your wrong, steve young won a super bowl and he was the very definition of a scrambling qb. newsflash, you dont have to be black to be a scrambling qb. second of all, how many scrambling qbs are in the league at once at any given time? th odds are a pocket passing qb will win the sb because 29 out of 32 teams had a pocket passer!!!!!!!! but hey thats just common sense i wouldnt expect you people to be able to understand that.

by the way, those 3 scrambling qbs that have been in the league recently, mcnabb, vick, and young, how many of them have losing records in thier career?

as far as the person calling vick a "gimmick" qb you are a complete retardd. he won 65% of his games since becoming the starter, on temas that should have won about 20% of thier games, which, by the way, what a coincidence, was the falcons win% in games vik mssed while he was the starting qb.

but hy, i dont expect you to do any objective reasoning or use your brain, or actually think before you write stupid comments, so its ok that your a complete moronn.