John McCain...This is the GOP's shining light??

savwboy9

"What Mr. McCain almost never mentions are two extraordinary moments in his political past that are at odds with the candidate of the present: His discussions in 2001 with Democrats about leaving the Republican Party"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/24/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

Not to mention that there is talk now on The Hildabeast being on his short list for VP!!

WTF?? John McCain you are a joke of a "conservative" and it sickens me to think that people are gonna line up to vote for you...No matter who loses or who wins the Presidential election in November, a Democratic will be taking office.

Republicans have sold their souls in my opinion. I have self respect and will not vote for McCain

savwboy savwboy (3/23/2008)
"What Mr. McCain almost never mentions are two extraordinary moments in his political past that are at odds with the candidate of the present: His discussions in 2001 with Democrats about leaving the Republican Party"

Not to mention that there is talk now on The Hildabeast being on his short list for VP!!

WTF?? John McCain you are a joke of a "conservative" and it sickens me to think that people are gonna line up to vote for you...No matter who loses or who wins the Presidential election in November, a Democratic will be taking office.

Republicanshave sold their souls in my opinion.I have self respect and will not vote for McCain

I think there's some kind of misunderstanding about Hillary being on his short list for VP. That just doesn't pass the "smell test".

Ramen (3/24/2008)

Republicanshave sold their souls in my opinion.I have self respect and will not vote for McCain

I think there's some kind of misunderstanding about Hillary being on his short list for VP. That just doesn't pass the "smell test".

Well there is two dems on his short list..Lieberman and Shilliary..

Hilliary and John-John are close friends and have many views they share believe it or not..Not saying she would accept of course..

savwboy savwboy (3/24/2008)
Ramen (3/24/2008)

Hilliary and John-John are close friends and have many views they share believe it or not..Not saying she would accept of course..

Where are you getting this information? Sorry, but I think that's as likely as a Huckabee/Barney Frank candidacy in the Reform Party.

Ramen (3/24/2008)
Ramen (3/24/2008)

Where are you getting this information? Sorry, but I think that's as likely as a Huckabee/Barney Frank candidacy in the Reform Party.

It could have been speculation in a couple places I read it..Why do you doubt this?

I have no problem believing this at all..Besides he is still a bad candidate..

I will look for the articles for you tommorow cause I honestly cannot not remember exactly where I read this..

It could have been speculation in a couple places I read it..Why do you doubt this?

I have no problem believing this at all..Besides he is still a bad candidate..

I will look for the articles for you tommorow cause I honestly cannot not remember exactly where I read this..

I don't believe it because it would destroy McCain's chances of winning the election. It assumes that Obama would win, which would mean that GOPers would have a choice between Obama and McCain/Hillary. They would stay home (or bolt to a third party) in droves.

McCain is hoping like **** that Hillary is his opponent because that will do more to galvanize the GOP base than anything he can do or say. The Republicans need a united base more in this election than in any other one in the past 30 years because of how badly the political environment is tilted against them. They're not going to put the single most hated person among their party faithful on the ticket.

Ain't gonna happen.

get ready for the excuses to roll in....

John Kerry was not fit to run the country because he flip flopped. But now that McCain is running and he flip flops, "it's okay....because all politicians do it."

also note that in 2004, Kerry being a war hero was a bad thing, but now that it's a republican, it's the only thing that matters.

Steve_Bartkowski (3/24/2008)
Z%T%f% (3/24/2008)

John Kerry was not fit to run the country because he flip flopped. But now that McCain is running and he flip flops, "it's okay....because all politicians do it."

also note that in 2004, Kerry being a war hero was a bad thing, but now that it's a republican, it's the only thing that matters.

1. I didn't *NOT* vote for Kerry because he flip flops. I did not vote for him because his policies and record stunk.

2. I LOVE it when a candidate "flip flops" over to my position. McCain has done this a couple of times recently and it makes me want to vote for him MORE since he has moved closer to my positions.

well you are a special breed of voter.

I am speaking about the average american voter and the republican party. I don't care what you said or thought about Kerry....it doesn't change the fact that the Republicans told nation he was unfit because he flip flopped. Your viewpoints don't change that no matter how hard you want them to.

Z%T%f% (3/24/2008)
Z%T%f% (3/24/2008)

1. I didn't *NOT* vote for Kerry because he flip flops. I did not vote for him because his policies and record stunk.

2. I LOVE it when a candidate "flip flops" over to my position. McCain has done this a couple of times recently and it makes me want to vote for him MORE since he has moved closer to my positions.

well you are a special breed of voter.

I am speaking about the average american voter and the republican party. I don't care what you said or thought about Kerry....it doesn't change the fact that the Republicans told nation he was unfit because he flip flopped. Your viewpoints don't change that no matter how hard you want them to.

Its kind of strange.  When Kerry flip-flopped, he was unfit to be president because you couldn't trust him.

When McCain flip-flops, its unimportant because whatever he's flip-flopping on is unimportant like the South Carolina flag issue, or he's flip-flopping to my position.

But how do we know that he won't flip-flop again away from my position ?

the evil emperor (3/24/2008)

Its kind of strange. When Kerry flip-flopped, he was unfit to be president because you couldn't trust him.

Did I say that? Link?

No not you, just republicans in general said that in some of the ads they ran and some of the stuff that Rush and Hannity put on their talk shows for the 2004 election.