Shockley say "I want to be a starter". Redman says " I just want to be a backup". Joey says "I just want to be on the team."

hawkeyes

The_ ATL (3/24/2008)
Jp why do you need to start fights with people? Does it make you feel more like a man or somthing?

I'm pretty sure he started that one... But thank you for the input ATL. Now go watch your Dragon Ball-Z and take your nap.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure he started that one... But thank you for the input ATL. Now go watch your Dragon Ball-Z and take your nap.

The hillarity of that is that it's pretty spot on. Only I plan on watching Family Guy and taking a nap.

The best part? I'll be doing it on the company dime.

The_ ATL (3/24/2008)
Jp7833 (3/24/2008)
I'm sure your mothers proud :)

I dont seek the approval of others, sign of the weak willed.

I mean I could just be like you and sit at home and post but that would make me a loser.

Actually I'm at school. Free period. I have two hours a day to post on these forums. I dont sit at work and waste our economy away by posting on internet forums and watching cartoons.

"Actually I'm at school. Free period. I have two hours a day to post on these forums. I dont sit at work and waste our economy away by posting on internet forums and watching cartoons."

I think you may want to use that extra 2 hours and sign up for Economics because what you think doesnt have any bearing on the economy.

Me being at home and doing this would effect it in a more negetive way because I would have no money to put back into the economy. Read, learn and comprehend little fella.

In my opinion the moderators need to step in and when things get personal, yank that members right to post for awhile. This forum is susposed to be about football. I have left the forum several times because of all the personal mudslinging, {bet I'm not the only one}.

There are some very good points that are brought up in these posts, but sometimes it is difficult to sort them out from all the BS. A change to real names in the forum would prolly change things some? Dunno. I just want peace and talk and read football.

Purple Label (3/23/2008)
BlacksburgHokie (3/23/2008)
I can say that I want to be the starting quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen anytime soon...

Please! Just hush!  I am sick of this.  Everytime someone has something positive to say about Shockley, a clown has to speak bad.

Yeah, I have to say that's getting a bit old to me as well. Shockley is on this team, and for his sake, and more importantly for the team's sake, let's hope he not only wins a starting job, but he becomes a great passer for us. It seems like some people root for this kid to be awful. Considering how he got here and what we pay him, it would be the steal of the century if he turns out to be a great player...

Jp7833 (3/25/2008)
phocis850 (3/25/2008)
I have no faith in DJ staying healthy for an entire season, let alone 3 games.

Why?

The injury he suffered can come back and haunt him. Knee injuries tend to flare up a lot. And since he is a scrabbling QB and not a pocket passer, he may have issues with that. I don't want to see him have anymore issues with it, but he is going to have to change the way he plays in order to keep his knee safe.

phocis850 (3/25/2008)
Jp7833 (3/25/2008)
phocis850 (3/25/2008)
I have no faith in DJ staying healthy for an entire season, let alone 3 games.

Why?

The injury he suffered can come back and haunt him. Knee injuries tend to flare up a lot. And since he is a scrabbling QB and not a pocket passer, he may have issues with that. I don't want to see him have anymore issues with it, but he is going to have to change the way he plays in order to keep his knee safe.

Injuries happen and this was his first big one. I dont see this coming back to haunt him. He has had plenty of time to heal and will be fine. But you never know what will happen during a season and injuries can either flare up from a hit or even a weird notion of the hips but sometimes nothing goes wrong.

Butterbean (3/23/2008)
Don't expect the draft pick to start - but whoever it is will be the backup next year. So, if DJ doesn't win the starting job, expect him to be 3rd string or cut.

It's going to be tough for him to win the starting job since he's actually never taken a snap in an NFL game....

Shockley has taken a snap..

DJ would have ended up starting last season if he hadn't gotten hurt purely because we were trying everything at QB. we played a pianist- joey, a guy sitting on the couch eating cheeseburgers when we called- leftwich, and an insurance salesman at QB- chris. so why not try an actual athlete at QB. and depending on how our line does we may end up seeing the same musical quarterback system again this year. why not try the guy that has a chance to avoid the sack.