Shockley say "I want to be a starter". Redman says " I just want to be a backup". Joey says "I just want to be on the team."

hawkeyes

They had a special on Shockley rehab and he is doing everything now so he will be ready. He said when you get to this level you dont want to just be 2nd or 3rd string QB, you want to be the leader, the starter.  Im sure most of you saw the show on 11alive.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlacksburgHokie (3/23/2008)
I can say that I want to be the starting quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen anytime soon...

Please! Just hush!  I am sick of this.  Everytime someone has something positive to say about Shockley, a clown has to speak bad.

hawkeyes (3/23/2008)
pured-hallfan (3/23/2008)
If he wins the job give it to him.

Thats all Im saying to but some people continue to he will never start even though the coaches say that DJ will compete for the job which he has never had that opportunity before.

Did the coaches actually state that DJ would be given a chance, or was it just an implication? I hope he is given a chance.

Redman should start with DJ as the back-up. But I will be pulling for DJ to win the starting job if possible. For all the people that think Harrington is in the mix, there is a reason he was released and resigned to a lower salary: NO OTHER TEAM WANTED HIM! He's a camp arm and nothing less. Whoever we draft should beat him out easily.

Don't expect the draft pick to start - but whoever it is will be the backup next year.  So, if DJ doesn't win the starting job, expect him to be 3rd string or cut.

It's going to be tough for him to win the starting job since he's actually never taken a snap in an NFL game....

good for dj. i dont have anything against the guy, but i dont see what makes him qualified enough to warrant not selecting a qb high in this draft. and that is exactly what his "georgia faithful" have been suggesting.

if he wins the job, props to dj. the real test will be beating the guy we draft this year to take the reins and lead us to a superbowl in the future. he has the right attitude, but you simply dont put all your eggs in a 7th round draft picks basket when he has one year of starting experience and is coming off a season ending injury.

but i do hope be beats out joey harrington for the #3 spot.

Mr. Offseason (3/24/2008)
good for dj. i dont have anything against the guy, but i dont see what makes him qualified enough to warrant not selecting a qb high in this draft. and that is exactly what his "georgia faithful" have been suggesting.

if he wins the job, props to dj. the real test will be beating the guy we draft this year to take the reins and lead us to a superbowl in the future. he has the right attitude, but you simply dont put all your eggs in a 7th round draft picks basket when he has one year of starting experience and is coming off a season ending injury.

I second this emotion. 

But I sure hope we somehow end up drafting Brohm.

goosedaddy70 (3/24/2008)
Mr. Offseason (3/24/2008)

I second this emotion. 

But I sure hope we somehow end up drafting Brohm.

god so do i. i am 100% with you on that one.

Petrino liked Shockley,

everyone likes Shockley,

if you dont you need to look at yourself,

because Shockley is one **** of Model American with all the Tools

Redman will start going in training camp, thats all we know!

Best of Luck Shockley!

Tetsujin-28 (3/23/2008)
Redman should start with DJ as the back-up. But I will be pulling for DJ to win the starting job if possible. For all the people that think Harrington is in the mix, there is a reason he was released and resigned to a lower salary: NO OTHER TEAM WANTED HIM! He's a camp arm and nothing less. Whoever we draft should beat him out easily.

Wrong! Harrington was release instead of Shock because Shock was cheaper and couldnt be cut while injured.

hawkeyes (3/23/2008)
They had a special on Shockley rehab and he is doing everything now so he will be ready. He said when you get to this level you dont want to just be 2nd or 3rd string QB, you want to be the leader, the starter.  Im sure most of you saw the show on 11alive.

I want a golden toilet seat. It doesn't mean I will get one.

I live in Athens, I've gone to school here for four years and lived here for more. I watched Shockley in person at every home game. I've met the guy and I've seen some of the posts people make about him on here. Shockley is a prime example of a true American and a true athlete who you would want to start for your football team. He helps in the community, he works hard. He sat back and watched for three years at Georgia when he could have easily transferred and started anywhere else. The guy is a class act. There is nothing that would make me happier than Shockley starting. Even if this Vick stuff never happened, I would still rather have DJ start over him. I will be a fan of his no matter what string he is. But the thing that bothers me is that half the people here dont believe in him at all. I can surly say that if Shockley is given a starting chance in the NFL we will see our franchise succeed.

Jp7833 (3/24/2008)
I live in Athens, I've gone to school here for four years and lived here for more. I watched Shockley in person at every home game. I've met the guy and I've seen some of the posts people make about him on here. Shockley is a prime example of a true American and a true athlete who you would want to start for your football team. He helps in the community, he works hard. He sat back and watched for three years at Georgia when he could have easily transferred and started anywhere else. The guy is a class act. There is nothing that would make me happier than Shockley starting. Even if this Vick stuff never happened, I would still rather have DJ start over him. I will be a fan of his no matter what string he is. But the thing that bothers me is that half the people here dont believe in him at all. I can surly say that if Shockley is given a starting chance in the NFL we will see our franchise succeed.

And nowhere in your post does it speak about talent, which is what you need in order to succeed. Nice guys dont win football games, they win Homecoming King.