The Spygate Situation..

nuccah

We all want to know the truth about this entire situation, but if it really becomes serious, is it the right thing for the league? I despise the Patriots as much as anyone, and if they are found to have cheated their way to the top, I wish they would have every victory taken away from them..

But.

Is that the good thing for the league? It would tarnish the image for years, making the NFL look no better than any other sports league where cheating is rampant. If indeed the Patriots are found to have cheated to the point that it can't be overlooked.. what can the NFL do about the last 5 years since the Patriots have come to the top of the league? Can they really just take away the rings, the superbowl victories, heck erase everything the Patriots have done and not feel serious consequences?

Everyones going to remember these years and think about 'what if' but is that better than erasing the past 5 years altogether?

Lets get Pure Football alive again.

They can say what they want about signal stealing. A team should recognize when another team has their number and adjust accordingly. Sometimes the play on the field overcomes coaching. Rare, I know, but look at the '98 NFCCG for an example of that. Granted we turned the momentum around, and a certain pair of kicks went our way...

Lee Long (3/23/2008)
They can say what they want about signal stealing. A team should recognize when another team has their number and adjust accordingly. Sometimes the play on the field overcomes coaching. Rare, I know, but look at the '98 NFCCG for an example of that. Granted we turned the momentum around, and a certain pair of kicks went our way...

If the Patriots recorded tapes, they would use them in the second half of a game to break the opposing teams defensive signal codes giving them a strategic advantage. Unless the opposing team has a backup set of signals, your code is broken and your in trouble.

Of course, the Patriots said they weren't using the tape for the same game, but is that true?

Honestly I think every team "cheats" to an extent. The Pat's were just overdoing it and got caught. Period.

I think they should have their rings taken away and things like that because since 2000 they have had an unfair advantage over the other teams.

Dalton (3/23/2008)
Honestly I think every team "cheats" to an extent. The Pat's were just overdoing it and got caught. Period.

I think they should have their rings taken away and things like that because since 2000 they have had an unfair advantage over the other teams.

If every team cheats, why penalize one team. Mangini should have played nice, IMO, since he is most likely doing the same thing.

And honestly, what is with everyone in the media putting "gate" at the end of scandals? It is silly.

Lee Long (3/23/2008)
Dalton (3/23/2008)

If every team cheats, why penalize one team. Mangini should have played nice, IMO, since he is most likely doing the same thing.

And honestly, what is with everyone in the media putting "gate" at the end of scandals? It is silly.

because the Pats probably went to far and got caught

Dalton (3/23/2008)

i think so too. i forget, but somewhere i was watching tv and a couple of retired NFL head coaches said that they had cheated before. plus, nobody remembers in 06 when the dolphins got caught cheating against the pats.