Being a Falcons fan is tough...

somecut8

Since I go to college, I work at this sports apparel store called Fanzz during the breaks, and today, I went in to say hello to my co-workers (since I'm on Spring break).

And for some reason, my mouth went loose. I don't know what caused it, but one of my co-workers is a Redskins fan and another is a Cowboys fan, and I started trash talking their teams. Yeah, bad choice. I didn't think it through.

They shut me up pretty quickly...

somecut8 (3/23/2008)
Since I go to college, I work at this sports apparel store called Fanzz during the breaks, and today, I went in to say hello to my co-workers (since I'm on Spring break).

And for some reason, my mouth went loose. I don't know what caused it, but one of my co-workers is a Redskins fan and another is a Cowboys fan, and I started trash talking their teams. Yeah, bad choice. I didn't think it through.

:w00t: Yeah, you might want to look for one of the 2 Dolphins fans

Same Ol Falcons (3/23/2008)
somecut8 (3/23/2008)

:w00t: Yeah, you might want to look for one of the 2 Dolphins fans

Or the raiders fans

I have a friend who has been a Browns fan for years and we poked fun at him but always respected his loyalty to his loosing team.

We are in the NFL and the design is to balance the power across the board,we will be on top and have a 2004/1998 season again and might just be a team to be in the playoffs on the regular.

Dallas sucked the year before and the last 3 years prior.the skins have not really done anything they might be better then us but they are not the premiers team in the NFL.

That title belongs to the Pats and Colts.

The Jags and Giants are the NFC teams but even with a super bowl win might not even make it back to the playoffs.The Giants still have to prove them selfs as a premier NFL power house.

We will get there or might have a Cinderella season and then who knows,but have faith it will all pan out.

9 winning seasons out of 42. Fans that hate on individual players for dumb reasons. Fans that love players who are suspect on the field, but are saints off of it. Two inept ownership groups. As a Falcons fan, we have nothing to gloat about. We shouldn't talk smack to any other team's fans. We have too many issues of our own to be ashamed of.

Tetsujin-28 (3/23/2008)
9 winning seasons out of 42. Fans that hate on individual players for dumb reasons. Fans that love players who are suspect on the field, but are saints off of it. Two inept ownership groups. As a Falcons fan, we have nothing to gloat about. We shouldn't talk smack to any other team's fans. We have too many issues of our own to be ashamed of.

We have been to more Super Bowls than the Detroit Lions (1929) and Cleveland Browns (1946) COMBINED!!!!! - Oh yeah I can talk smack! :P

BruceReville (3/23/2008)
Tetsujin-28 (3/23/2008)

We have been to more Super Bowls than the Detroit Lions (1929) and Cleveland Browns (1946) COMBINED!!!!! - Oh yeah I can talk smack! :P

Did we win? Going is not good enough. We have to win one to brag about it. Oh yeah, those 2 team have an NFL Championship. And they have Hall-of Fame players who helped win those championships. I know it was the 50's but they got one.

Bring It (3/23/2008)
To be a Falcons fan means you are a real, authentic FAN.........not some wanna bee, jumping on a band wagon of whoever is winning at the moment.

When VICTORY comes................and  IT  WILL..........and soon.........it's all the more sweeter !!!!!!!

well said

I can't count the number of "pats or colts fans " I knew this year but ask them to name a player thats not a QB or a wide reciver and they change the subject. I'd leave em alone but they want to give me **** for being a Falcons fan.

Even my bulldog brethern give me ****.:rolleyes:

somecut8 (3/23/2008)

:D...

I like your style...

atl falcon 89 (3/23/2008)
Bring It (3/23/2008)
To be a Falcons fan means you are a real, authentic FAN.........not some wanna bee, jumping on a band wagon of whoever is winning at the moment.

When VICTORY comes................and IT WILL..........and soon.........it's all the more sweeter !!!!!!!

well said

I can't count the number of "pats or colts fans " I knew this year but ask them to name a player thats not a QB or a wide reciver and they change the subject. I'd leave em alone but they want to give me **** for being a Falcons fan.

Even my bulldog brethern give me ****.:rolleyes:

At the beginning of the year in school there was numerous falcons fans. I played on the football team and at least half of them claimed to be falcons fans. By the end of the year, it was like only me. All of the people on my team moved to be stupid patriots fans.

Purple Label (3/23/2008)
Somecut,

You had an easy counter for them though. Tell them, they are the hyped up teams. They are suppose to be in the Super Bowl every year. Then, ask the Redskins' Fan: What about that year when they paid for a team, and didn't have a winning record.

Not really though, that sounds kind of lame. haha:D All they have to do is bring up "that coach" and Vick and I got nothing to say. Haha, but thanks.

miKevicK777 (3/23/2008)
hahaha i understand exactly what youre talking about, i talk trash about other teams all the time and feel like an idiot afterwards when i cant defend the falcons

Exactly. I think too highly of the Falcons and then start trash talking other teams and then realize, "oh yeah, the Falcons aren't so good right now."

Bring It (3/23/2008)

When VICTORY comes................and  IT  WILL..........and soon.........it's all the more sweeter !!!!!!!

Your 100% right.