My very first REAL one so bear with me.

1. Jake Long/OT

2a Sam Baker/OT

2b Brian Brohm/QB

2c Pat Sims/DT

3 DuJuan Morgan/FS

4 Phillip Wheeler/ILB

5 Dexter Jackson/KR

I doubt Brohm will drop that far into the second round.I see him going late first,very early section.

Brohm is my first choice. Henne or Flacco is next.

mbrizzle (3/23/2008)
I like your draft. I think Brohm that late is very improbible.

But I have a question. Say we draft Sam Baker and Jake Long..... Where do each of them play? I know it's crazy. But I definately think Long becomes a dominant RT and Baker becomes a solid LT in that scenario? Am I completely wrong?

Thats why I say draft them both. Then either one could be a RT and the guy that is the most dominant between the two is the LT.

mbrizzle (3/23/2008)

But I have a question. Say we draft Sam Baker and Jake Long..... Where do each of them play? I know it's crazy. But I definately think Long becomes a dominant RT and Baker becomes a solid LT in that scenario? Am I completely wrong?

I agree I see Long becoming a great RT and Baker perhaps becomes a solid LT.With more emphasis on the run game,we can make due with an average LT for the time being.If we can establish the run effectively,it will make our passing game that much better.

Legion (3/23/2008)

1. Jake Long/OT

2a Sam Baker/OT

2b Brian Brohm/QB

2c Pat Sims/DT

3 DuJuan Morgan/FS

4 Phillip Wheeler/ILB

5 Dexter Jackson/KR

Long and baker would be a ridiculous tandem for our future! i would prob fall in love... but trade henne in for brohm since he'll be gone in the first and thats money

Your gonna need to switch wheeler to the 3rd if you plan on getting him and thats pushing it. Him, Lofton, and Mayo are all considered 2nd round MLB's right now. Goff and the others are the next batch of MLB's but in my opinon you really take a step down after those 3+ connor. One of them might get lucky and fall to our early 3rd. I like your draft i would change it some though.

1st - J. Long - LT

2A - Brohm (if available) if not Flacco or Henne - QB

2B - Sims - DT

2C - Lofton - MLB

3rd - Benedict - RT (In my opinion the perfect guy for RT in a power scheme)

Legion (3/23/2008)

1. Jake Long/OT

2a Sam Baker/OT

2b Brian Brohm(if available), orHenne/QB

2c Pat Sims/DT

3 DuJuan Morgan/FS

4 Phillip Wheeler/ILB

5 Dexter Jackson/KR

Eh, I like Jake Long being drafted. Iffy on Sam Baker. Don't know if Pat Sims will be a middle round 2nd - he seems like an early second.

Not a bad draft, but personally, I like mine because you are missing Charles Godfrey, Adarius Bowman, Frank Okam, and Brad Cottam:D

I guess my only two problems with it are that Brohm, imho, isn't likely to be there that long, and I'm pretty sure Dexter Jackson isn't going to last very long at all considering his physical abilities...

I like the idea of Jake Long and Baker. It would instantly fixd alot of our OL problems for a long time if they pan out as they should.

Legion (3/23/2008)

1. Jake Long/OT

2a Sam Baker/OT

2b Brian Brohm(if available), or Henne/QB

2c Pat Sims/DT

3 DuJuan Morgan/FS

4 Phillip Wheeler/ILB

5 Dexter Jackson/KR

I like the draft. I think we would get a really good group of young and productive players coming in. Jake Long and Sam Baker would be a dream come true. With the third round pick how about Josh Barrett instead of Dujuan Morgan? Wheeler has the build of an OLB. I don't we need to draft him. Give the pick to Jordy Nelson. Overall, I give it a B+

mbrizzle (3/23/2008)

Well, Justin Blalock's natural position is Guard.  He played G and T in college.  I can see it happening.  If we trade one of the seconds with the Cowboys, how about getting Long and Otah?

Legion (3/23/2008)

1. Jake Long/OT

2a Sam Baker/OT

2b Brian Brohm(if available), orHenne/QB

2c Pat Sims/DT

3 DuJuan Morgan/FS

4 Phillip Wheeler/ILB

5 Dexter Jackson/KR

I agree with most of your picks. I'm not so sold on Sam Baker especially that high. He's a good OT but every thing I've read about him suggest he is not as athletic as you would like your tackles to be. He is the size and frame to pack on more weight at 6'5" 305 lbs. I think big Jeff Oath would slip in the second round and would be a good pick up at that spot.