Who would the Jets move up to draft?

Brian

i see their top 3 being long, gholston and mcfadden, perhaps even in that order. it is very unlikely that all 3 will be gone in the top 5 picks, but i suppose it is remotely possible. however, i dont think they will move up. unless they prioritize one much more than the other, and are afraid the raiders could take their guy. but i dont think thats the case. so, i dont see them moving up UNLESS for some reason long and gholston went #1 and #2 and they got scared into moving up for mcfadden, which i have happening in my mock actually (long and gholston 1 and 2) but i dont have the jets trading up.

Mr. Offseason (3/23/2008)
i see their top 3 being long, gholston and mcfadden, perhaps even in that order. it is very unlikely that all 3 will be gone in the top 5 picks, but i suppose it is remotely possible. however, i dont think they will move up. unless they prioritize one much more than the other, and are afraid the raiders could take their guy. but i dont think thats the case. so, i dont see them moving up UNLESS for some reason long and gholston went #1 and #2 and they got scared into moving up for mcfadden, which i have happening in my mock actually (long and gholston 1 and 2) but i dont have the jets trading up.

I have Long and Gholston going #1 and #2 in mock too despite this poll having both Long's going 1-2. Even if Gholston doesn't go #2, everyday I am more convinced that the Raiders will take Gholston over either DT - Dorsey or Ellis. They made Blake the highest paid DT in the league, and I think they would rather invest in an outside rusher then another DT.

Do you think there is anyway the draft goes #1: Matt Ryan, #2: Jake Long, and both Chris Long and Gholston will be available. I think more teams would move up for Chris Long then any other player in this draft..

i really cant envision the rams passing on chris long if he is there. they need so much de help it is embarassing. leonard little sucks and then i believe the cut james hall, but even with him they are not in good shape. i shouldnt say little sucks, but he did last year. 2 sacks i think he had, 11 less than the year before. he is slowing down i think. even if he bounces back, LE is still a huge need.

i see them taking either chris long, jake long or gholston. jmo.

metalfalcon (3/23/2008)
I think they trade up for OLB Vernon Gholston. They need serious upgrades along their front 7.

Also don't rule out Gholston to go to the Rams. People seem to think Gholston has a ton more upside then Long does, and the Rams did just lose Brandon Chillar to the Green Bay Packers which makes there need for an OLB/DE pass rusher that much more pressing...

If the draft magically goes 1-Matt Ryan and 2-Vernon Gholston I'll cry tears of the purest joy in the world. Jake Long, Chris Long, and Glenn Dorsey still on the board. We might need extra phone lines at headquarters comes draft day...