We have adequate QB's on the roster

Bring It

We have 3 QB's who can get the job done............if they don't run for their life or get hospitalized on every other play.

Case in point :

Derek Anderson was drafted by Baltimore in 2005.........in the 6th round........the 213th player drafted............out of powerful Oregon State.....lol

He was waived in early Sept. 2005........never made the team..........on a team that had nothing but mediocre QB's on the roster !!!!

Cleveland claimed him off waivers two weeks later. He was nothing special untill, in 2007, Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas, O lineman from Wisconsin......FIRST  ROUND.....3rd pick !!!!!

Joe was the "Jake Long" of 2007 draft, and he produced. Oh, did he produce !!!!!!!!!!

HE  MADE  THE  DIFFERENCE  !!!!!!!!  Cleveland finally had their O line. A line to compete with ANYBODY.

Next, Derek Anderson starts playing with confidence.........WITH  PROTECTION...........and the rest is history. Cleveland starts to play like and act like a winner.

First round......3rd pick.....they choose Joe Thomas.

On April 26.........Atlanta Falcons........first round........3rd pick........should choose JAKE  LONG  !!!!!!!!!!  And............give our QB's a chance !!!!!!!  They just might surprise people !!!!!

we do not have 3 adequate quarterbacks.

Joey Harrington is a proven loser. Hes really not THAT bad but hes not going to be our winning quarterback. Hes a safe backup QB.

We really dont know anything about DJ Shockley as a pro yet.

I really like Chris Redman, and I think he has a chance to be our starter.

So we have 1 adequate quarterback, possibly 2 who knows. Anyways I really dont want to waste a draft pick this year drafting a qb.

miKevicK777 (3/22/2008)

Joey Harrington is a proven loser. Hes really not THAT bad but hes not going to be our winning quarterback. Hes a safe backup QB.

So we have 1 adequate quarterback, possibly 2 who knows. Anyways I really dont want to waste a draft pick this year drafting a qb.

In Sept. 2005, Baltimore thought Derek Anderson was a loser too. They now would give every QB on their roster for him.

isproab (3/22/2008)
For all those with lack of knowledge for the game of professional football, get ready to jump off the wagon. None of the current QB's on the Falcons roster will be given a chance to be the "future" of this team. The guy we draft in April will.

Maybe...................maybe not.

Time will tell.

****, if we sign a walk on QB from North Dakota State Teachers College, and he takes us to the playoffs in 2008....................TERRIFIC  !!!!!!!!!

isproab (3/22/2008)
For all those with lack of knowledge for the game of professional football, get ready to jump off the wagon. None of the current QB's on the Falcons roster will be given a chance to be the "future" of this team. The guy we draft in April will.[/quote

So.........what do ya think of drafting Jake Long ????????

Bring It (3/22/2008)
miKevicK777 (3/22/2008)

In Sept. 2005, Baltimore thought Derek Anderson was a loser too. They now would give every QB on their roster for him.

Derek Anderson didnt get much playing time. Joey Harrington is a proven loser. He started for 4 years in Detroit and was a loser. He started almost a full season in Miami and was a loser. He played 12 games for us, and was a loser. When i play the lottery, I dont want this guy anywhere near me.

And why are you saying Baltimore would give every QB on their roster for him. I mean I understand what you were saying, but every qb on their roster means nothing. I think they might give up their whole qb roster for Harrington.

Bring It (3/22/2008)
isproab (3/22/2008)
For all those with lack of knowledge for the game of professional football, get ready to jump off the wagon. None of the current QB's on the Falcons roster will be given a chance to be the "future" of this team. The guy we draft in April will.

Time will tell.

****, if wesign a walk onQB from North Dakota State Teachers College, and he takes us to the playoffs in 2008....................TERRIFIC !!!!!!!!!

I will give you "maybe" because nothing has happened yet. This is what we have...

A guy that was draft #3 overall and after seven season has yet to have any significant signs of being a capable starter.

A guy drafted in the 3rd in round in 2000 that was out of football for 3 entire seasons and has yet to pass for more than 1100 yards in a season.

A guy drafted in the 7th round and has absolutely no real NFL game experience.

No NFL personnel would look at that and say, "yeah, we are ok at QB."

Jake Long would be OK. I tend to agree with Mayock that he is not the best left tackle the NFL has seen in recent years. I don't think he would be dominant there. People seem to think he is just as good as Joe Thomas. I don't think he is as athletic. However he is the #1 OT on the board.

Boley59 (3/22/2008)
Redman could be decent but i still think we need a young guy to groom.

I won't argue that, but I just hope we draft Jake in round one to anchor a new, improved line.

If we could get lucky and find a true IMPACT  QB, he could start in 2009.

isproab (3/22/2008)
Bring It (3/22/2008)
isproab (3/22/2008)

Time will tell.

****, if wesign a walk onQB from North Dakota State Teachers College, and he takes us to the playoffs in 2008....................TERRIFIC !!!!!!!!!

I will give you "maybe" because nothing has happened yet. This is what we have...

A guy that was draft #3 overall and after seven season has yet to have any significant signs of being a capable starter.

A guy drafted in the 3rd in round in 2000 that was out of football for 3 entire seasons and has yet to pass for more than 1100 yards in a season.

A guy drafted in the 7th round and has absolutely no real NFL game experience.

No NFL personnel would look at that and say, "yeah, we are ok at QB."

Jake Long would be OK. I tend to agree with Mayock that he is not the best left tackle. I don't think he would be dominant there. People seem to think he is just as good as Joe Thomas. I don't think he is as athletic. However he is the #1 OT on the board.

TRUE.............all true..........BUT :

At what point do we STOP this endless merry-go-round with adding QB's from all over the place, and START giving TOP priority to the O line ??????????

This would.........once and for all..............make the Falcon's competitive !!!!!!!

JAKE  LONG.................PLEASE  !!!!!!!!!!

I think we have QB's with talent. Until we make improvements to the overall team, we won't know how good, adequate, or bad they are.

And honestly, adequate still isn't going to get us far into the playoffs.

I do think with improving our O-line and other weak points, we may be able to better judge what we have at the most important position.

Terrible logic. Oakland used their top pick on Robert Gallery not long ago, and continued to dedicate first day draft picks to the offensive line for several years, what do they have to show for it? Just saying one position should take priority in the draft has never worked and never will work.

isproab (3/22/2008)For all those with lack of knowledge for the game of professional football, get ready to jump off the wagon. None of the current QB's on the Falcons roster will be given a chance to be the "future" of this team. The guy we draft in April will.

Why draft an go through the whole Shockley thing again?? 

Trade for a known good QB or sign a FA that has been around a while.  This getting a "new rookie"  and starting all over again every two years will never get the team anywhere.

By the way, There so many that say he's the future and some many that says he's not the future. I don't think those that drafted him every gave a thought to him being the starter just a passable back-up after all they didn't draft him until the 7th round. You don't plan on getting your starters that late in the draft.

Serge Storms (3/23/2008)
To be fair, I don't think anyone in their **** mind thought Shockley would be a starter in the forseeable future.

I learned long, long ago..............never say never. The world is full of many strange and sometimes interesting surprises.

Tetsujin-28 (3/23/2008)
Redman is the best we got and DJ should back him up. Harrington is a lost cause who we gave a million dollars to. Which ever QB we draft should have no trouble beating out Hoey.

With our new front office, coaching staff, and QUALITY  ATMOSPHERE  now blossoming in Flowery Branch, I am not ruling out ANY senerios. NONE.

Stay tuned !!!!!!!!!  It's gonna be wild !!!!!!!!