Roddy White in next season

big boss

i think teams are aware of him, but they are still sleeping on him. he may struggle a little because we are going back to a run first scheme (that is the only reason i didnt want to go back to a run first), but i see him with 700-1,100 yds 3-7 TD's next year. all he has to do is avg. 65 yds a game and he has another 1,000 yard season.

mbrizzle (3/22/2008)
Yeah. He showed out this past year with Huey Lewis and the News throwing to him. I think he'll show out again. And as weird as it is to say this, I think he'll really shine with Redman as the full time starter.

yea he and redman had some serious chemistry together. in the games that redman played roddy had 428 yds and 3 TDs.

well i think it really depends on our offensive system. I dont think he'll have as good of a season because i dont think we will pass as much. This offense of Mularkey's seems like its geared towards physical running, not a heavy dose of passing like Petrino's offense.

i dont think hes that great of a receiver, im sure if we had another decent receiver last season roddy wouldnt have been so productive. i mean he was the only one getting open and catching the ball. jenkins is a turnover machine(althoguh i really like him). horn is a skelaton(i really dont like him). and rookie did okay for a rookie(i think hes okay).

roddy has always had the physical tools to be a legit receiver in this league.. last year was the first time he combined his physical abilities with a strong mental mindset.. as long as he keeps that strong mental mindset, i don't see his production dropping at all. although it seems in murlakey's system their will probably be more running so expect a small drop.. but not much

miKevicK777 (3/22/2008)
i dont think hes that great of a receiver, im sure if we had another decent receiver last season roddy wouldnt have been so productive. i mean he was the only one getting open and catching the ball. jenkins is a turnover machine(althoguh i really like him). horn is a skelaton(i really dont like him). and rookie did okay for a rookie(i think hes okay).

the rookie you are talking about was 6th in receiving yards among all rookies and 6th in receptions among all rookies. i dont even think he started one game compared to those other guys. as far as roddy goes, if he ended up with 700-800 yards i would probably agree with you, but he finished among the top 10 in the NFL in rec yards last year and he led all third year receivers in receptions, including braylon edwards. roddy was also 2nd among all third year receivers in rec yards (braylon was 87 yards ahead of him) and he was 3rd among all 3rd year receivers in TDs (one TD behind second). i think roddy is for real, but changing offenses may hurt him.

yea our offense will include more runs but we will still throw the ball and roddy and laurent will have a good season because roddy will be explosive and the safeties will lean a little bit on roddy sometimes and leave out our other weapon in laurent. it will be fun to watch, especially with mularky's playbook having trick plays and better schemes, our offense will be much better if redman steps up as a good consistent QB and a leader.

I'm betting on Laurent to be #2. If the running game improves, Roddy's number of TDs will improve. Laurent will be the one to increase yardage

If the running game doesn't improve, then Roddy will have about the same year. About the same level of yardage, but moderate number of touchdowns. And all of us will be only partially justified in our complaints about Redman and Turner.