Kevin O Connell

Jeff Holter

any one else starting to love kevin o connell as much as i am? im not saying that hes the qb of the future or pick him as high as joe flacco or brian brohm...but the guy had a good senior bowl, ran a 4.6 and threw well at the combine, and had a solid pro day. i know he didnt play many difficult teams in the mountain west...but what do you guys think about drafting him in the 6th or 7th? or maybe signing him as an udfa and have him compete with whatever other qb we draft?

it was tha Hula Bowl.  not tha Senior Bowl.  just wanted to add that before people found something to bash.  He still outshined in that game. 

i've been high on O'Connell for a while now.  He's big, quick, above average arm and a fantastic leader.  i've read many articles on this guy that tell of how he would single-handedly take over games and make plays.  I like his upside. 

people are stuck on getting a "franchise" quarterback out of this draft.  my thing is you never know what round a franchise quarterback will come out of.  O'Connell could very well be this guy off intangibles alone.

im cool with Redman as our quarterback for now.  I wouldnt be disappointed with Brohm, but any other quarterback is a no no to me.