Why is Blank-O

Rev, I agree that the sums seem high.  I think the Elam money may be a bit over the budget, but I think Turner was getting that sum whether or not we chose to pay it.  All we can hope is "The Burner" lives up to the hype, and that Elam doesn't acquire late in the career shankitis.

Rev.JESse Jackson (3/22/2008)
Still over paying? Man haven't he learned his lesson yet.4 years 9 million to a old man,and that Turner contract I'm at lost with words.

Relax, will you ??  Dimitroff is doing great things for the franchise. You haven't seen nuthin yet !!!!!!!  Wait till the draft is over  !!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand the Elam signing at all. I mean the guy sat behind Noah in woodshop. We HAVE to stop this plug and play ##### at Kicker. The Morten Anderson experience has just been mind blowing, as long as we don't need a kick beyond 45 yards to win. Get a young leg in here for the love of god. Please

Still over paying? Man haven't he learned his lesson yet.4 years 9 million to a old man,and that Turner contract I'm at lost with words.

Elam is only guaranteed $3.3M of that. It's doubtful he'll see all of the $9M, unless of course he kicks us into the SB. Then all of you armchair GM's will be praising TD.

bozoatl (3/22/2008)

Elam is only guaranteed $3.3M of that. It's doubtful he'll see all of the $9M, unless of course he kicks us into the SB. Then all of you armchair GM's will be praising TD.

Amazing what a SB run does for people.....................:D

Bring It (3/22/2008)

Relax, will you ?? Dimitroff is doing great things for the franchise. You haven't seen nuthin yet !!!!!!! Wait till the draft is over !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man No disrespect but I'm tired of all of yall saying that when we start to win some games then you guys can say he has done great things.

Elam has been great and is far more solid than any kicker in the draft, and his play isn't declining because HE IS A KICKER.

Only 3 or so of that 9 million is guaranteed I believe, so why complain. As for the Turner contract, look it up again and then compare it to other RBs around the league. We didn't really overpay for Turner.

elam has been steady his whole career and can still hit the 50 yarders.  he hit a 49 yarder to win a game last year that would have been good from about 55 yards.  he is as clutchas can be and those extra 10-15 yards that he can kick consistantly will make the difference in at least 3 or 4 games this year.

I like the signing.  If we plan on running the ball alot, there is a hope of keeping the games close and a veteran proven kicker will win games for you.  Its football 101.  stop the run, run the football, keep the games close and win them in the 4th quarter.  I don't want my teams games to come down to a rookie kicker still getting used to the pro game and the hashes and everything else that comes with being a rookie kicker.

Guest Gritz
The Falcon Ace (3/22/2008)
Elam has been great and is far more solid than any kicker in the draft, and his play isn't declining because HE IS A KICKER.

Only 3 or so of that 9 million is guaranteed I believe, so why complain. As for the Turner contract, look it up again and then compare it to other RBs around the league. We didn't really overpay for Turner.

Don't waste logic on this guy. It's like showing nuclear reactor plans to a caveman.

gritblitzer (3/22/2008)
The Falcon Ace (3/22/2008)

Only3 or soof that 9 million is guaranteed I believe, so why complain. As for the Turner contract, look it up againand then compare it to other RBs around the league. We didn't really overpay for Turner.

Don't waste logic on this guy. It's like showing nuclear reactor plans to a caveman.

I can't tell if it is a good thing or a bad thing that this fake rev has progressed from one word or one punctuation mark threads.

A loss for words, but you create a thread to say it.

Irony in its highest form.

Bring It (3/22/2008)

Relax, will you ?? Dimitroff is doing great things for the franchise. You haven't seen nuthin yet !!!!!!! Wait till the draft is over !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man No disrespect but I'm tired of all of yall saying that when we start to win some games then you guys can say he has done great things.

Then when we go worse than four and twelve you can sta4rt saying he's done bad things. WHats good for the goose. . .