Why do you all want a MLB from this draft..

SonofAlois

If you could guarantee me that we'd have the chance to get either Laurinaitis or Maulaluga next year, I'd be all for it.  If you have the chance to get a solid MLB, like Jerod Mayo, Dan Connor, or Curtis Lofton in the second round, I think you take it.

This same argument goes for the people that think we should pass on a QB and wait for either Stafford or Tebow.  It just doesn't work that way. 

Scott24Falcs (3/22/2008)
If you could guarantee me that we'd have the chance to get either Laurinaitis or Maulaluga next year, I'd be all for it. If you have the chance to get a solid MLB, like Jerod Mayo, Dan Connor, or Curtis Lofton in the second round, I think you take it.

This same argument goes for the people that think we should pass on a QB and wait for either Stafford or Tebow. It just doesn't work that way.

yah but we have more pressing needs than MLB this year

SonofAlois (3/22/2008)
Scott24Falcs (3/22/2008)
If you could guarantee me that we'd have the chance to get either Laurinaitis or Maulaluga next year, I'd be all for it. If you have the chance to get a solid MLB, like Jerod Mayo, Dan Connor, or Curtis Lofton in the second round, I think you take it.

This same argument goes for the people that think we should pass on a QB and wait for either Stafford or Tebow. It just doesn't work that way.

yah but we have more pressing needs than MLB this year

Yes, but we're in a great position to fill several of our needs with top talent, seeing as we have 4 picks in the first 48 of the draft.  What would be wrong with a draft like this?:

1.  Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2.  Best QB available

2.  Sam Baker, OT, USC

2.  Curtis Lofton, MLB, Oklahoma

3.  Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

3/4.  Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

Mayo is going in the draft as an OLB. Not ILB. Laurinaitis next year looks like he could be a great one. We have a lot of holes to fill and we should be scouting ahead next year to help us decide what to do with our picks this year. I think Brooking staying on the inside pretty much says we aren't going to draft an ILB this year, you can find one and him be very effective in year one so if we were going to draft one, espically early we wouldn't have kept Brooking on the inside. Laurinaitis in '09!