Why would U want to trade Jenkins

jgentry162

I have read a few post where people are talking about trading Jenkins. I don't think this would be smart at all. If you really think about it. All of the receivers we drafted were pretty much like rookies last year as it was the first year they had a QB that was a passer. Like it or not Vick fans Vick was an awful passer. White did well as it had not been as long for him as it had been for Jenkins since he had a good QB. Jenkins became more of a factor as the year went on.

Jenkins is a possession over the middle receiver, When MT starts putting fear in the opposing defenses the middle of the field will open up for Jenkins to do more. We have not had a true feared back since Jamal Anderson. Without one it hurts the possession/slot receivers as the safety can key in on them and not have to worry about having to come up to help stop the running game. Also when you have weak armed QB's as we have now. it hurts the Jenkins type receivers the most as well as the defense never has to spread out and give him room to do his thing. When we get a stronger arm at QB you will see what Jenkins can do. Just like Horn did last year, Jenkins was doing his job and that was open things up for Roddy as it is right now. If we had to get rid of a receiver Finneran would be the smartest move not a receiver that can give you another seven or eight years with his best years in front of him for a 4th round pick.

That is about as smart as saying I bet we can get an early second for our new RB MT, yes we could but why do something so not so smart.:crazy:

Possession receiver through the middle? Are you kidding me?

How many drop balls did he have this year? He get scare through the middle. I think Jordy Nelson will be a better pick. Nelson is like a younger Wes Welker. Oh Btw, we can run some trick play with him. Nelson can be use as Randle El. He has a good arm.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/22/2008)
Possession receiver through the middle? Are you kidding me?

How many drop balls did he have this year? He get scare through the middle. I think Jordy Nelson will be a better pick. Nelson is like a younger Wes Welker. Oh Btw, we can run some trick play with him. Nelson can be use as Randle El. He has a good arm.

even better he's like 6"2 with a little quickness  we can use him as slot and #2 WR

jenkins is lookin a little disappointing to me now we could sure up that #2 or slot with one of these guys 

Adarius Bowman

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

jordy nelson

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Running bye aqib talib

Would look great in Black & Red

We can't trade him, but not for the reason you think. He can't be traded because he has no value. We would be lucky to get a bag of cheetos and a free pass to Magic City for him. Let's look at either Marcus Monk or DJ Hall to replace the little he gave us.

Bloodhoundz (3/22/2008)
I guess it was Vicks fault that he gave the DB in the Vikings game a TD.

I agree. I don't want Vick back, and I am glad he's gone. However, some people will try to find a way to blame him for any of the many deficiencies on this team.

Ok first things first, Vick was not an awful passer. He was an impatient, erratic passer. He gave up on his recievers to quickly and took off and often times got himself into more trouble. Jenkins has had his fair share of drops and was a first round draft pick, he has been in the league a few years now and it getting deeper in his contract, and the cap hit is getting bigger. For someone to get first round money he sure is playing like garbage. You can draft someone like Marcus Monk and got much better play out of him. Monk can actually catch the ball in traffic and in the red zone and would be much cheaper. Thats why. 

Not quite ready to say Jenkins will never devlop but so far he has been more of a detrimate to this team than an asset. In college he was the beneficiary of OSU's run attack, so like 75% of the time he was wide open. If we can find a team stupid enough to give us a good deal for him I say pull the trigger.

jgentry162 (3/22/2008)
He was an impatient, erratic passer. He gave up on his recievers to quickly and took off and often times got himself into more trouble
Sorry but, that equates to awful. I said awful you wrote the definition

No it means his composure, and pocket presence were awful. Not his passing ability.

I was one of his biggest fans ....when we drafted him. Now... I cringe when the ball is thrown to him...

I am amazed when he does catch it... almost shocked.  A part of me knows he has the ability to be a great receiver.... and hopes this is the season that he turns it on.

A bigger part wants to not even see him on the field...

jgentry162 (3/22/2008)

I have read a few post where people are talking about trading Jenkins. I don't think this would be smart at all. If you really think about it. All ofthe receivers we drafted were pretty much like rookies last year as it was the first year they had a QB that was a passer. Like it or not Vick fans Vick was an awful passer. White did well as it had not been as long for him as it had been for Jenkins since he had a good QB. Jenkins became more of a factor as the year went on.

Jenkins is a possession over the middle receiver, When MT starts putting fear in the opposing defenses the middle of the field will open up for Jenkins to do more. We have not had a true feared back since Jamal Anderson. Without one it hurts the possession/slot receivers as the safety can key in on them and not have to worry about having to come up to help stop the running game. Also when you have weak armed QB's as we have now. it hurts the Jenkins type receivers the most as well as the defense never has to spread out and give him room to do his thing. When we get a stronger arm at QB you will see what Jenkins can do. Just like Horn did last year, Jenkins was doing his job and that was open things up for Roddy as it is right now. If we had to get rid of a receiver Finneran would be the smartest move not a receiver that can give you another seven or eight years with his best years in front of him for a 4th round pick.

That is about as smart as saying I bet we can get an early second for our new RB MT, yes we could but why do something so not so smart.:crazy:

not quit, vick had awful number 1's. dez white? peerless price? ashlie leslie? none are true number ones plus other young receivers and when u lead the league in rushing for 3 years how much do you really need to throw the ball?

ill give jenkins to prove himself this year with the new coaching staff. but if he sucks then hes gone. lets get adrian arrington in the draft to replace him. adrian is a good WR and is like jenkins but i think could be better. we could get him with a 6th!! but id be happy with jordy nelson too but i dont think we should use a earlier pick for depth we dont drastically need.

jgentry162 (3/22/2008)

I have read a few post where people are talking about trading Jenkins. I don't think this would be smart at all. If you really think about it. All of the receivers we drafted were pretty much like rookies last year as it was the first year they had a QB that was a passer. Like it or not Vick fans Vick was an awful passer. White did well as it had not been as long for him as it had been for Jenkins since he had a good QB. Jenkins became more of a factor as the year went on.

H'mm, how Tall is Jenkins ? How good are his hands ?  Looked liked garbarge last season.

Funny thing about Finneran.  He looked the best when playing with vick. so what if he was able to come back ?  It's sad to say but I would take a healthy Finneran over Jenkins anyday.

Finneran had better hands,and ran better routes than Jenkins. You call yourself knowledgeable... If Finns hadn't missed two seasons i Guarantee Roddy wouldn't have had 1,000 yards and Jenkins wouldn't be starting.

I have liked Jenkins since he came into the league...but he really brings very little to the table. He never shows the speed he flashed at the combine. He rarely shows the hands that made him a first round pick and a great Ohio State player(he has a couple really good catches with us though). His worst feature is that he simply doesnt break tackles. His YAC is usually terrible to boot = no explosion.

His only redeeming factor is that he is clutch around the goal line, even if it isnt on jump balls. And he can run block.

ya guyz jenks iz sooooo gud becuz hes rly good @ dropin passez 'nto otha playaz hands n stuf and he wuz fo sho werth are firstst rnd pick cuz he usd ta ball it up for THE ohi ostate so he hasta be good n tha nlf cuz hes tall and hes got 89 sppeed on madden, n thats pretty legit for real life so hes prefect for tha 2# opp roddy cuz hez got be-low low low low low low low low average hands and he runs aver-age routes *average routes!* and erryone knows that he sucks *what!* he drops the ball *drops the ball* n next thing you know his salary got low low low low low the really tight pants and the gloves with the straps *with the straps* make him really good *yeah!*

honestly i need to go to sleep. that really took a turn for the worse. but my point is that this thread is ******** because if we could get anything for jenkins he would probably be gone. he is overrated, is very close to being a total bust and has inconsistent hands and not much ability to get YAC. he doesnt do much for us and we really need him to.