Brand New Mock!!!

Brendan Albert has the ability to play LT and I believe will switch when he hits the pros..In Smiths scheme they are going to use the two DTs to occupy the middle allowing the DEs to pressure the QB.In order to do that we need big bodies up front.As for Connor I think he has been the more consistent than the rest of the MLBs.During the TD regime they aregoing with the safer picks.

brvslugger10 (3/22/2008)
No LT? and two NT? O yeah I don't thinkConnor is the right choice at ILB. He is projected at WLB.IF you are going to get a ILB, then get Lofton or Mayo.

I disagree. Connor is as much an ILB as is Lofton or Mayo, I don't think you can wrong with either.

As for OT, he does select several in Carl Nicks and Barry Richardson, although seeing as this class is being called the deepest OT class in the past quarter-century, those two picks would be a disappointment. Instead of Brendan Albert, how about Sam Baker? Or maybe even Chris Williams or Jeff Otah will fall. Either way, an OT should be available, and I also think Barry Richardson will switch to OG in the pros.

Not a bad mock, I can certainly deal with it, but Albert is not the franchise LT we desperately need. Otherwise, good depth picks.

SIDE NOTE: I just realized you have Calais Campbell in the 3rd.... he is a 1st round prospect, NO WAY does he fall that far. That is a negative.

Brendan Albert has the ability to play LT and I believe will switch when he hits the pros..In Smiths scheme they are going to use the two DTs to occupy the middle allowing the DEs to pressure the QB.In order to do that we need big bodies up front.As for Connor I think he has been the more consistent than the rest of the MLBs.During the TD regime they aregoing with the safer picks.
Why not just get a player that has played LT?Someone like Chris Williams is tremendous. Moving a rookie from guard to the hardest position on the line is asking a lot, and I don't think the new coaching staff would do that. Smith likes big DT, but the pass rush would only come from Abraham. J. Anderson is still a ? mark, but the Laws pick might improve Anderson's stats.. Shirley and Okam are just space eaters. Just get one NT. Don't expect them to start beside each other. They lack pass rush, so the secondary would be exposed and it might result in big plays. Don't expect Cambell to fall that far. If they want a safe pick, then at least get a natural ILB in Lofton.

the_next_level (3/22/2008)
..In Smiths scheme they are going to use the two DTs to occupy the middle ...

Would love to see us get Dorsey with the #3 pick, then get Trevor Laws with one of our second round picks! Imagine our defensive line with them!!! Wow!

Saying all that, I would still rather see us take Jake Long with our first pick IF he is still on the board when we pick, but my guess he will be taken by either MIA OR STL.

Man, the left side of our line would be set with Jake and Blalock!!! Unfortunately the right side of our line is the weak link. We need to work on that!

GO FALCONS!!!

We can't garuntee Brohm will be their at either pick #22 or pick #28, if he is not, then where do we go? I think the only way we can have a shot at Brohm is to take him in the top 15 or trade up to get him when he is available. Trading down that far does not look promising to me. Plus Dallas picks only add up to 1440, whereas our #3 pick is worth 2200 alone. They would need to give up a lot more which I don't think they will do.

Thank you that's the 1st time I've seen anybody actually suggest moving Jimmy Williams back to corner. That make s perfect sense and it could quite possibly work with the cover-2 defense not the man coverage we've played in the past.

Pretty good job on the draft, not to bad with few minor changes. No way Campell makes to the 3rd round.