Brooking in the middle?

vafalconfan

I personally think the Falcons staff is blowing a smoke screen over the Brooking thing. Why would you (a new staff) come out and announce that Brooking will be playing MLB before training camp unless you are trying to make teams think you will not be drafting a MLB in the early rounds? I really think they have their eye on several MLBers in the second or third rounds. Depending on the outcome of the draft Brooking will probably be moved to the weakside and probably have to restructure. At the very least I believe he will keeping the seat warm for the eventual replacement from this years draft. Smith and Co see the same things we see, but because of the defensive signal calling at that position a rookie might not be ready at the start of the season.

vafalconfan (3/22/2008)
I personally think the Falcons staff is blowing a smoke screen over the Brooking thing. Why would you (a new staff) come out and announce that Brooking will be playing MLB before training camp unless you are trying to make teams think you will not be drafting a MLB in the early rounds? I really think they have their eye on several MLBers in the second or third rounds. Depending on the outcome of the draft Brooking will probably be moved to the weakside and probably have to restructure. At the very least I believe he will keeping the seat warm for the eventual replacement from this years draft. Smith and Co see the same things we see, but because of the defensive signal calling at that position a rookie might not be ready at the start of the season.[/quote]

See Demeco Ryans and Patrick Willis.  The past two rookies of the year have been MLBs.  I pretty much agree with your post overall.  Also, if we bring in a MLB and he wins the job, Brooking will not be moved to WLB.  That is Stephen Nicholas' position.  If Brooking isn't willing to restructure and play second fiddle, he should be gone.  Notice I said "should".  The rules seem to be different for "Ole Highway 56" however.

They might very well draft a LB, but Brook was on CSS Sportsnite just last night and Bob Neal asked him about it specifically and he said that's where he'll be playing. On that note, he added that he told em he didn't mind as long as he has some 350 lbers in front of him.

brooking/beast (3/22/2008)
They need to draft a LB this year. I like Tony Taylor behind Brooking. He's the voice of the players on that team he's the only player to go to the super bowl as a Falcon. He has the respect of the younger players and a mature attitude on life.

But can he perform on the field?

hes a 5 time pro bowler more then 100 tackles in multiple years. He plays out of his natural position. Brooking get F@cked because our D-line are a swinging door to pulling guards and full backs. If any of you knew the game you could see this.

The only reason you are on his case is because hes a white guy playing in one of the most important position.

hes a 5 time pro bowler more then 100 tackles in multiple years. He plays out of his natural position. Brooking get F@cked because our D-line are a swinging door to pulling guards and full backs. If any of you knew the game you could see this.

The only reason you are on his case is because hes a white guy playing in one of the most important position.

F the past Pro Bowls, IS HE PLAYING LIKE A PRO BOWLER NOW!!! ANSWER THE QUESTION DUDE!!!

rollow lawson (3/22/2008)
They need to draft a LB this year. I like Tony Taylor behind Brooking. He's the voice of the players on that team he's the only player to go to the super bowl as a Falcon. He has the respect of the younger players and a mature attitude on life.

But can he perform on the field?

YES - deal with it!:cool:

I don't care if he was Vietnamese playing the in the middle...dude is far FAR from what he used to be..and at his price tag we can get younger, faster, and stronger MUCH cheaper.

rollow lawson (3/22/2008)

F the past Pro Bowls, IS HE PLAYING LIKE A PRO BOWLER NOW!!! ANSWER THE QUESTION DUDE!!!

Can you name any one on the current staff that can take the job from Brooking Facts are Facts Brooking is the best we got he knows this team and players better then any of the new coaches. Hes the one the others go to to get fired up. So untill we get a replacement to fill the hole Brooking is the answer.

We are on his case because he gets a pass by everybody else for being a white guy playing an important postion. He gets a pat on the back for moving over to MLB. He's called a team player. From where I'm from it's called doing your job. If your boss moves you to another position because he thinks you're better fitted there it's not called being a team player it's called keeping  a paycheck.

Play Maka Baka (3/22/2008)

We are on his case because he gets a pass by everybody else for being a white guy playing an important postion. He gets a pat on the back for moving over to MLB. He's called a team player. From where I'm from it's called doing your job. If your boss moves you to another position because he thinks you're better fitted there it's not called being a team player it's called keeping  a paycheck.

I dont care if he is red, white, black, blue, green or purple. The majority of fans dont care about his race either. We just want the best guy possible on the field to help the team win. If TD and Smith still have him on the roster then their is reason for that. I can think of several linebackers that are worst than Brooking.

thanat0s (3/22/2008)
They might very well draft a LB, but Brook was on CSS Sportsnite just last night and Bob Neal asked him about it specifically and he said that's where he'll be playing. On that note, he added that he told em he didn't mind as long as he has some 350 lbers in front of him.

And thats the secret in a nutshell.  Brooks will get it done as long there is a little beef to insulate him from clean shots by lineman and Full backs.

Brooking has no doubt lost a bit, but it is so true that the DLine killed him the last couple of years and he was unselfish and played out of position. He should be playing WLB. But he is becoming a liability in coverage. He has 1-2 years tops left at WLB as a starter. He should be unselfish and restructure as well. He is not playing up to that contract.

Keith Brooking is a class act on and off the field, he has been asked to play out of position pretty much his entire career has never bytched about money has never run his mouth about

a teammate or the organization doesn't get arrested for beating up women or drugs or dogfighting " which to some of the idiots on here would make him a hero" and he has a positive

influence on the locker room, and although he has undeniably lost a step he is still more productive than a lot of the players on this team who have recently been cut or traded.

I firmly hope the players we get in the upcoming draft have as much integrity and class as

Keith Brooking has. Some of the people on here simply can't handle the truth.

brooking still has game. let him develop with our new team. then you can base your arguments. but stop whining about him when he played behind a horrible d-line, switched position, and staff changes. brooking is a leader and brings it to the table. he has great character and is extremely active as he trains and runs a half marathon for a non profit childrens foundation soon. even if we keep brooking at that position he doesnt have much longer anyway and he probably will switch with nicholas or taylor from time to time but he has my trust to get the job done.