Play Halo Multi-player on PS3

With the latest Unreal Tournament III patch, you can play as anybody you want. There's also a mod for the Halo maps that you can download for free and play on online/offline. You can play as your favorite Final Fantasy character, Mickey Mouse, etc.. Here's a skin of Master Chief that you can play with on PS3:

2nw1pib.jpg

Huto3b.jpg

Skin of Bender from Futurama:

Bender_Shot.jpg

Gears of War skins:

juice.jpg

rm0dn9.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr pickle (3/22/2008)
ROTFL....yes, that's clearly just as good as Halo...forget game balancing, controls and calibration, items, weapons...As long as we have a masterchief skin, we can pretend we are playing a game that is actually great!!!

I do think it is pretty cool that you can modify characters like that, but to try to visually mimic XBOX exclusive game characters is pretty sad. Pretty misleading thread title as well, but hey, such is the state of the current gaming environment on the PS3.

Well... There's a Halo mod for Unreal Tournament III that allows you to play on Halo maps. Now you've got the actual character models.

Halo itself is a very unrealistic shooter... like UTIII is.

It's nice to have all the games experiences on a reliable hardware for free without paying to play.

It's not just Halo though. You can play with LEGO characters on the LEGO maps, other mods, etc.. All free on top of the content already on disc.

If I could code well, I would make a mod for Uncharted.

Edit: For both PC and PS3.

Remarkable (3/22/2008)
Masterchief skin + Halo maps (no matter how similar they are) =/= Halo. It's the gameplay that made Halo arguably the best shooter ever, not the visuals.

I doubt that there are many people over 20 that actually played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in their heyday that would make that argument.

Arguably the console shooter in the past five years? Maybe. Best ever? Not even.

The visuals ARE what separates Halo from its predecessors. Otherwise it does absolutely nothing new.

btrain5489 (3/23/2008)
Remarkable (3/22/2008)
Masterchief skin + Halo maps (no matter how similar they are) =/= Halo. It's the gameplay that made Halo arguably the best shooter ever, not the visuals.

I doubt that there are many people over 20 that actually played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in their heyday that would make that argument.

Arguably the console shooter in the past five years? Maybe. Best ever? Not even.

The visuals ARE what separates Halo from its predecessors. Otherwise it does absolutely nothing new.

I played goldeneye...I loved it. It wasn't as good a mp experience as Halo. Two analog sticks is a major improvement, and the fact that you can only carry two guns....the skillful use of grenades...vehicles tied in much better...Controls that just had a certain....feel to them....and much better maps. Halo is the most intuitive, rewarding mp shooter I've ever played.

btrain5489 (3/23/2008)
Remarkable (3/22/2008)

I played Golden Eye and Perfect Dark, in fact I occasionally break out the 64 and still play it (along with Mario Kart FTW!). Those games were great leaps forward in console shooters. Halo came and one upped them. They were all the best shooters of their time. To me it is really no blasphemy to call either Golden Eye or Halo the best shooter of all time, mainly for what they brought and how they impacted consoles.

That being said, Call of Duty 4 has dominated my XBOX for the past 3 or 4 months.

btrain5489 (3/23/2008)
Remarkable (3/22/2008)

Halo is "arguably" the best ever and there's no denying it when you look at the statistics. GoldenEye is in my top 5 (not a big fan of Perfect Dark), but Halo was definitely better. I have to ask if you played Halo if you honestly believe it was the visuals that made it great.

Remarkable (3/23/2008)
btrain5489 (3/23/2008)
Remarkable (3/22/2008)

Halo is "arguably" the best ever and there's no denying it when you look at the statistics. GoldenEye is in my top 5 (not a big fan of Perfect Dark), but Halowas definitely better. I have toask if you played Halo if you honestly believe it was the visuals that made it great.

My roommate of four years had an original Xbox so I had access to Halo and Halo 2. I own Halo Combat Evolved for PC and I own Halo 3. If selling a lot of copies puts you in the discussion for best ever then sure, I concede that. The problem is those stats include people like me that bought the games based on the hype and were disappointed. Halo:CE was fun for about a week. Halo 3 was a total disappointment. It didn't even match Halo:CE.

The multiplayer experience you're raving about isn't anything that hasn't been done before. Halo is a follower, not a leader. Broadband penetration is what allowed Halo to copy what had been done on the PC for years. Bungie didn't revolutionize anything. Therefore, like I said, graphics are what separates Halo from its predecessors.

and I don't believe Halo is that great either. It's slightly above average in a sea of average shooters.

Remarkable (3/23/2008)
Well your opinion is certainly the minority. I didn't much care for 2 or 3 (both great in their own right, but neither lived up to the original), but Combat Evolvedis easily the best console shooter.

I agree that Halo: CE was the best shooter of all-time, but the next two didn't do it for me like the first one did. I bought Halo 2, but I never beat it.

you guys are totally forgetting the best console shooter of all time...

Socom 2.

It had everything, the clan system was awesome, the maps were even, the weapons were (mostly, cough IW-A2 cough) balanced.

There has been nothing as far as console shooters that matches getting in a demolition medley with your clan and playing all day.

joremari (3/24/2008)

Socom 2.

It had everything, the clan system was awesome, the maps were even, the weapons were (mostly, cough IW-A2 cough) balanced.

There has been nothing as far as console shooters that matches getting in a demolition medley with your clan and playing all day.

I never played it, but I heard great things.  I will probably get the new one on PS3 when it comes out, just to see if it lives up to the hype.

hopefully the new one comes out soon. I heard that they are going to be redoing alot of the socom 2 maps for this one, getting away from the disaster POS that socom 3 was and getting back to socom 2. If they can get back to half the greatness of socom 2 it would make the 600 bucks i spent on my ps3 the best 600 bucks i've ever spent on a console.

joremari (3/24/2008)
hopefully the new one comes out soon. I heard that they are going to be redoing alot of the socom 2 maps for this one, getting away from the disaster POS that socom 3 was and getting back to socom 2. If they can get back to half the greatness of socom 2 it would make the 600 bucks i spent on my ps3 the best 600 bucks i've ever spent on a console.

This game makes me somewhat interested in a PS3 being a shooter fan myself, but I'm not going to spend money on the PS3 and PSN until they catch up with Xbox live in terms of online play and function.

FaRt0fwAr (3/24/2008)
joremari (3/24/2008)

This game makes me somewhat interested in a PS3 being a shooter fan myself, but I'm not going to spend money on the PS3 andPSNuntil they catch up with Xbox live in terms of online play and function.

I play online flawlessly on the PS3... for free. I don't care for the trans-game messaging as I have all notifications turned off. They're distracting as I play.

I will have them off after the trans-game communication come this summer.

joremari (3/24/2008)

Socom 2.

That's because realism is boring. If you can't jump 10 feet in the air, get hit 20 times before dying, have an energy shield, and plasma grenades it isn't fun. People don't like real twitch shooters because they require real skill. :rolleyes:

SOCOM:Confrontation and SOCOM 4 are going to be good.