With the #3 Overall Pick in the NFL Draft, The Atlanta Falcons Select...

Pick with the most votes between now and tomorrow at this time is selected.

Lets start it up.

1Dolphins - Chris Long, DE/OLB Virginia
2Rams - Jake Long, OT Michigan
3Falcons - On the Clock
4Raiders
5Chiefs
6Jets
7Patriots
8Ravens
9Bengals
10Saints
11Bills
12Broncos
13Panthers
14Bears
15Lions
16Cardinals
17Vikings
18Texans
19Eagles
20Buccaneers
21Redskins
22Cowboys
23Steelers
24Titans
25Seahawks
26Jaguars
27Chargers
28Cowboys
2949ers
30Packers
31Giants

.leon (3/22/2008)
It's gotta be Dorsey. IMO it's either that or trade down.

Agreed. Dorsey is going to be a monster pro from day one, imo. He just seems to have that "It" factor. If we aren't going to take him, we might as well trade down. Outside of Jake Long and Dorsey, no one else is worth the pick since we've closed the door on McFadden...

grendel (3/22/2008)
I said Brohm as well, but in reality I think it'll be a trade down if possible.

I don't see Brian Brohm being our first draft pick.  I see us going the route of the Browns from last season.  I think you'll see us go after either Dorsey or Jake Long, preferrably Dorsey.  And then package some picks to get back into the first to take the QB we want, hopefully Brohm. 

I know this isn't a good argument, but when is the last time that a player being mentioned in the late 1st/early 2nd was taken with the #3 overall pick?  I can't think of when that would've happened.

Scott24Falcs (3/22/2008)
grendel (3/22/2008)

I don't see Brian Brohm being our first draft pick.  I see us going the route of the Browns from last season.  I think you'll see us go after either Dorsey or Jake Long, preferrably Dorsey.  And then package some picks to get back into the first to take the QB we want, hopefully Brohm. 

I know this isn't a good argument, but when is the last time that a player being mentioned in the late 1st/early 2nd was taken with the #3 overall pick?  I can't think of when that would've happened.

when was the last time a QB with the resume of a 2nd round pick was being mentioned as a potential lock for a top 3-5 selection?

im not trying to be a jerk, but things seem to be pretty bass ackwards this year, so at this point nothing will surprise me. well thats a lie, but i really have no idea what direction the draft will go in this year. even after the first few picks it could go in totally crazy directions. its going to be a lot of fun to watch actually, which sounds weird... but its true!

i wouldnt have a problem with brohm that early, but i think it would be best if we could move down a bit and get him, but i dont really know.

if dorsey ends up being our pick, you wont hear one complaint from me. that is if he is truly healthy, and it sounds like he is. in that case, im totally happy with him.

Scott24Falcs (3/22/2008)

I know this isn't a good argument, but when is the last time that a player being mentioned in the late 1st/early 2nd was taken with the #3 overall pick? I can't think of when that would've happened.

It's not #8 overall, but Donte Whitner went about 20 spots over projections. DeWayne Robertson was also expected to go top 20, but not many people thought he'd go #3. Edgerrin James went about 10 spots higher than expected at #4. It does happen though oddly it doesn't happen often with quarterbacks...presumably because everyone expects them to get overdrafted anyway.

Falcons have to come out of the #3 pick with one of these players:

1a) Jake Long

1b) Glen Dorsey

1c) Sedrick Ellis

Since we have #3 overall pick, we are assured of at least one of those picks.......if we don't draft one of these - then trade down.....Ideally I would like to trade down and still get one of these guys but its not likely.

I think the "best" move would be for Falcons to put the #3 pick up for "auction" and scare the Raiders into trading up.....since we would assume the Raiders want McFadden.

We demand "Michael Huff" back in the trade and then move down one pick and then select Glen Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis - one would still be available(maybe both) at #4.  It would be a "2-for-1" because Huff could start at free safety or cornerback and we would still get a DOMINANT player at #4 that we won't get if we trade down further.....I like it, i like it!!!:D

Scott24Falcs (3/22/2008)
grendel (3/22/2008)

If such a deal exists, it was probably the Raiders, lol...