The times, they are a changin'

Rev_Hal

If you would have told me a year ago that Vick, Crumpler, Dunn, Hall, Williams, Crocker, Coleman, and Gandy would all be gone, I would have laughed in your face. But this team is getting exactly what it needs - sweeping changes. I am really excited abuot the direction that Dimitroff and staff are taking this team. I am encouraged by the level of excitement that is coming out of the organization.

I am totally stoked by the falcon on the splash screen at atlantafalcons.com.

With 5 picks (and possibly 6) in the first 3 rounds, we have potentially 3-4 new starters on opening day. We are going to have a core group of rookies that are going to be the cornerstone of this team for the next 10 years. I am really looking forward to watching the franchise turn the corner.

And folks, that is not all. There is a lot of cool new stuff coming from the New Media team in the coming months, starting with MyFalconsDraft.com. I can guarentee you that with the level of creativity and technical expertise on Mod's team now, this is going to be the COOLEST year EVER to be a Falcon's fan!

It's a good time to be a Falcon's fan. Trust me. :)

great post rev_hal. i agree man if someone would have told me vick hall crump and crew would be gone i would have looked at them like they were crazy. its great that we have 4 picks in the first 48 selections because at least 3/4 or 2/4 of them will be good starters for us.

and by the way what is that myfalconsdraft thing, do you know?

I hear ya Rev! I can't remember ever being this excited during a single offseason since I started watching football. I'm praying that Wilkins doesn't count and we get that 6th pick in the first day. This draft has the potential to be our greatest draft ever. It seems like the draft can't get here soon enough!

bossFALCON (3/21/2008)
great post rev_hal. i agree man if someone would have told me vick hall crump and crew would be gone i would have looked at them like they were crazy. its great that we have 4 picks in the first 48 selections because at least 3/4 or 2/4 of them will be good starters for us.

and by the way what is that myfalconsdraft thing, do you know?

There is a thread somewhere where Mod explains in detial what it is. It is AWESOME, and is only the tip of the iceberg for what these guys are cooking up.

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! ....

Being a Falcons fan has NEVER been as rewarding as THIS TIME right now, no matter what, SWEEPING CHANGES IS WHAT THIS FRANCHISE NEEDS!!!

Michael Turner is gonna come in a Knock some JAWS!!

Mularkey is bringing SMASH MOUTH to the ATL... how can you not get into that?

SMITH is going to STRANGLE the offensive production of our adversaries....yes, even on a power level....mark my words....

Thomas Dimitroff may be a rookie to some, but to me, he IS a SOLID LEADER for this team..... bandwagon or not.....WE need this....

see you next year YOU ALL know where I stand....

HE'S GONNA HIT THE TRENCHES LATE APRIL....

mark it down.

rev_hal (3/21/2008)
If you would have told me a year ago that Vick, Crumpler, Dunn, Hall, Williams, Crocker, Coleman, and Gandy would all be gone, I would have laughed in your face. But this team is getting exactly what it needs - sweeping changes. I am really excited abuot the direction that Dimitroff and staff are taking this team. I am encouraged by the level of excitement that is coming out of the organization.

I am totally stoked by the falcon on the splash screen at atlantafalcons.com.

With 5 picks (and possibly 6) in the first 3 rounds, we have potentially 3-4 new starters on opening day. We are going to have a core group of rookies that are going to be the cornerstone of this team for the next 10 years. I am really looking forward to watching the franchise turn the corner.

And folks, that is not all. There is a lot of cool new stuff coming from the New Media team in the coming months, starting with MyFalconsDraft.com. I can guarentee you that with the level of creativity and technical expertise on Mod's team now, this is going to be the COOLEST year EVER to bea Falcon's fan!

HOW CAN I TRUST ANYONE WHO HAS FRANKENBERRY AS THEIR AVATAR!

rev_hal (3/21/2008)

And folks, that is not all. There is a lot of cool new stuff coming from the New Media team in the coming months, starting with MyFalconsDraft.com. I can guarentee you that with the level of creativity and technical expertise on Mod's team now, this is going to be the COOLEST year EVER to bea Falcon's fan!

Is it just me or would you guys rather see a WINNING team instead of a cool website?

cyofish (3/22/2008)
The moves they've made are reminiscent of the Atlanta Hawks when they got rid of the veterans who constatly put them in the play-offs. They went for the youth movement and for 5 years now they've been cellar dwellers.

:rolleyes: And last year was so memorable...

And thumbs up on the post Rev... I wholeheartedly agree...

I have to be excited about what we are doing. I really like the post Rev. I like the direction we are going, it's like we have finally realized what has to be done to make a competitive team for more than 1 year. I love what TD has done. I wasn't crazy about letting Crump go, but I understand the reasoning behind it, past his high salary and injuries, but simply for our new offensive scheme. I hope we improve our offensive line, but I think that is being saved for the draft.

But on a different note, who do I have send money to to get into Pure Football? I've been on the board for a year, have 2,000 posts, and all the other mods ignore me like a fat girl at an alcohol free party.

cyofish (3/22/2008)
The moves they've made are reminiscent of the Atlanta Hawks when they got rid of the veterans who constatly put them in the play-offs. They went for the youth movement and for 5 years now they've been cellar dwellers.

So you are saying that these guys were 'Constantly putting us in the playoffs'?

REV.2000 (3/21/2008)
gazoo (3/21/2008)
Good post Rev

It had to happen to break the culture here....it was pretty bad.

EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN BY CULTURE?

You know exactly what he means...they are getting rid of all the black folk!!!

:rolleyes:

Stop with the stupidity. You know what he means.

rev_hal (3/21/2008)

For 42 years I have always thought it was a good time to be a Falcons fan, and still do.  Even with the multiple comings of Marion "Swamp Fox" Campbell and the wonderful times of Pat Peppler, it was a good time to be a Falcons fan.  If they aren't all good times, even when you are "cussin" with all your breath, you are not a die hard fan.

That said, I agree that this is a very exciting time and I look forward to seeing this team develop over the next 3 years.  (Hope I am still alive to see it):)

ancient raptor (3/22/2008)
rev_hal (3/21/2008)

For 42 years I have always thought it was a good time to be a Falcons fan, and still do. Even with the multiple comings of Marion "Swamp Fox" Campbell and the wonderful times of Pat Peppler, it was a good time to be a Falcons fan. If they aren't all good times, even when you are "cussin" with all your breath, you are not a die hard fan.

That said, I agree that this is a very exciting time and I look forward to seeing this team develop over the next 3 years. (Hope I am still alive to see it):)

Well said, I've been a fan less than half of that 42 years, but it's only my age that has limited that.

It's a GREAT time to be a fan, and a very difficult time to be a hater. There are actually people complaining that we signed Jason Elam.

Slow hater week...;)