Creatine and supplements

birdman2k4

Shouldve put it in the fitness thread, but this way i can get a faster response :)

Recently read a book by Bill Phillips titled Body-for-LIFE. Dont know if anyone has heard of it. Now, regardless of if the photos are real or not, I'm going to start his program this week. And I was wanting to add supplements to my nutrition plan especially meal replacement powders so i know i get my 6 meals a day in.

Just want some input on the supplements out there.

birdman2k4 (3/21/2008)
Shouldve put it in the fitness thread, but this way i can get a faster response :)

Recently read a book by Bill Phillips titled Body-for-LIFE. Dont know if anyone has heard of it. Now, regardless of if the photos are real or not, I'm going to start his program this week. And I was wanting to add supplements to my nutrition plan especially meal replacement powders so i know i get my 6 meals a day in.

Just want some input on the supplements out there.

This is what I use on a dailey bases..

Multivitamin-if you take anything,take a good multivitamin

Nitricoxide stimulator-there are many to choose from in pill and powder form..Helps your blood circulation and nutrition delivery

Glutamin-I take glutamine to help with next day soreness,it helps alot

creatine-do not take creatine unless you want to bulk up..all this does is make your muscles retain water to look fuller..also helps with recovery..

whey protein powder-do not let anyone tell you you have to buy expensive powder..I use Eas protein that I buy at Wal-Mart..

Omega3 capsules-I take around 2000mg of this a day..again Wal-Mart/flaxseed oil or Fish oil..

If you want to save money, protein will be enough.

Glutamine is fine and great...except every scoop of protein powder from a weigh source will already have 3+ grams of Glutamine alone.

Creatine helps many people in terms of performance...but you retain water on it...and it has a tendency to make you look bloated.

Even multi vitamins....dont take the potent ones, there is no point. In fact, it may be detrimental long term, even if the jacked up vitamins are water soluble. Science has still yet to prove that 10,000% of your daily value of Vitamin B12 is okay on a regular basis....as well as other vitamins and minerals that people assume are OK to take in large doses on a regular basis.