Cover 2

atljbo

gazoo (3/21/2008)
I saw some stuff yesterday about how Brooking said DeAngleo was a swell guy and all that, but how could anyone omit that part that Sirius was talking about today where they said Brooking told them DeAngelo's skill set is not a good fit for our new defense?

They were saying today that our new defensivce schemedoes not need the man to man cover skill set that hall possesses, and that a much less costly CB can play just as well in our scheme.

They also said the Falcons new defensive scheme doesn't need a man to man cover corner. Solomon Wilcots also pointed out thatJacksonville's ALL PRO CB Rashean Mathis was a s 2nd round draft choice at pick #39. The Falcons have picks #34, #37 and #48!

I think this information Brooking relayed in his interview that came from his meetings with Coach Smith is exceptionally relevant here, especially given all the whining and doomsday predictions of some about Hall's departure.

The two choiceswere to 1. despite him not fitting the system and saying he doesn;t believe in the system- pay Hall$70 mill or 2. do NOTHING this year and watch him go to the highest bidder elsewhere next year AND GET NOTHING FOR HIM. THAT'S the real life choice the Falcons had.

It seems some here would still rather either 1. monumentally overpay a CB $70 mill that doesn't even fit our scheme than find much less costly alternatives and use those finacial resources on the DL and OL for instance or 2. keep him until next year where we get ZERO compensation for him leaving. ( a compensatory pick was doubtful due to the amount of FAs we've signed and are continuing to look at)

BROOKING SAID HIS SKILLS AREN'T A GOOD FIT IN OUR NEW DEFENSIVE SCHEME AFTER SPEAKING TO THE COACHES ABOUT WHAT WE WILL BE DOING NEXT YEAR. WHY WOULD YOU PAY $70 MILL FOR SKILLS THAT YOU WILL NOT PROPERLY UTILIZE MESSAGE BOARD ARMCHAIR GMS? PLEASE EXPLAIN!

thankyou for the info gazoo but yea....i told you guys that we aere switching over 2 the cover 2 scheme....This will Help Jimmy Williams career alot....he is the perfect Cover 2 CB.....i also think that Chris Houston,David Irons, and Von Hutchins are all good for the Cover 2

I know alot of you think chris Houston is not a cover 2 guy but he is....He has all the tools you will need to be a great cover 2 CB....Houston has only been in this league for 1 year so he can be molded into whatever type of CB Coach Smith wants him to be

This info proves 2 things

1: If healthy Glenn Dorsey is our guy... In a Cover 2 scheme you Must get a pass rush and stop the run with your front four....

2: If Kenny Phillips is there in the second round....we will draft him...In a cover 2 your safety positions has to be on point....Eric Colman had those probowl type seasons under Herman Edwards Tampa 2 scheme so i know he fits the scheme but Lawyer Milloy is not really a Cover 2 type guy ... If we can get kenny phillips i can see us using Milloy like dallas is using roy williams now.....Kenny Phillips will be the Dime Safety this year

thankyou for the info gazoo but yea....i told you guys that we aere switching over 2 the cover 2 scheme....This will Help Jimmy Williams career alot....he is the perfect Cover 2 CB.....i also think that Chris Houston,David Irons, and Von Hutchins are all good for the Cover 2

I know alot of you think chris Houston is not a cover 2 guy but he is....He has all the tools you will need to be a great cover 2 CB....Houston has only been in this league for 1 year so he can be molded into whatever type of CB Coach Smith wants him to be

1: If healthy Glenn Dorsey is our guy... In a Cover 2 scheme you Must get a pass rush and stop the run with your front four....

2: If Kenny Phillips is there in the second round....we will draft him...In a cover 2 your safety positions has to be on point....Eric Colman had those probowl type seasons under Herman Edwards Tampa 2 scheme so i know he fits the scheme but Lawyer Milloy is not really a Cover 2 type guy ... If we can get kenny phillips i can see us using Milloy like dallas is using roy williams now.....Kenny Phillips will be the Dime Safety this year

See thats why I like u, every one else say we should'nt draft a safty that high, ur helping me preech to theas CRABS

Cam or phe (3/21/2008)

1 [/qoute]

See thats why I like u, every one else say we should'nt draft a safty that high, ur helping me preech to theas CRABS

Vicious (3/21/2008)
Cam or phe (3/21/2008)

1 [/qoute]

lol that was mean vicious!

bossFALCON (3/21/2008)

lol that was mean vicious!

I'm just trying to help. It just seems like either he has a problem with the proper way to spell normal words we use everyday, or it's being done on purpose. If it's the prior, then I was just going to offer help.:Whistling:

atljbo (3/21/2008)
somecut8 (3/21/2008)
And, Charles Godfrey would be a perfect fit for the Cover 2 scheme - tall, physical corner, who supports the run.

true but CB is not a huge need for us....we may draft one in the later round(6 or 7th round)

Safety, MLB, and DT are our biggest defensive needs. CB's tend to look better than they really are when there's a pass rush and safety help. That's why I think we definitely need to spend a high pick on a decent safety.

atljbo (3/21/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/21/2008)
What about Josh Barrett- 6'2 227 4.35?

i really like Josh Barrett....He remind me of Aaron Rouse

but i think that TD is looking at Tom Zbikowski

Zbikowski would be a good addition. I would take him in the third. He is a great leader. Maybe the next Lynch. As of right now, I rather have Barrett.

Cover two depends on the front four only. If they fail the Falcoons defense will rank about the 30th in the league.

It's the most important scheme in the defense. Blitzing is rare the front four MUST control the line of scrimmage . Otherwise we will have one of the worst DEFENSES in the league.

With an injury prone ABE, an overated Anderson  lousy DT'S and nobody that ranks in the top 25 in the league.

Our defense could stink if our draft stinks.