Since #7 and #21 are gone. Who is going to be the new Whipping Boy?

Mr. VSU

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. VSU (3/21/2008)
No need to go into detail. Just list who you think the local media and this Message Board will target as the "Official Whipping Boy"?

not sure yet, but if anyone decides to start up an intrastate dog fighting ring, or spends his time whining to the media instead of dedicating himself to helping the team, I think they would be the likely target

There are a few things this player will have to have in order to be a candidate.  They have to be a good player (talented).  That have to be considered better than they truly are (overhyped).  They have to have character concerns (attitude/legal). 

Anderson is not considered a good player yet, so he's pretty much out of the running until he shows up one weekend.  I had high hopes for this kid, but last year was pretty bad, not even 1 sack.  I'd have to go with either Roddy White or Abraham.  Boley is out, he's a very good player, he's not overhyped at all (probably under-hyped), and he has absolutely no character concerns.  Roddy White has the talent, potential character concerns with the entire Vick thing, but not overhyped, so still a maybe.  Abraham is a stud player but not really over-hyped at all, had some character concerns over in NY but not really anymore, only concern with him is injury.  It's a tough call, but I'm going with Roddy.

greyhawk (3/21/2008)
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/FORUMS/Topic3330516-45-1.aspx
But Mr. Highway 56 has been stealing money for several years now and ALL you hear are excuses as to why. He is playing out of position.

Seems you already have decided who will be the next whipping boy.

Nope... Not the whipping boy. Like one of the previous posters stated the person would have talent. But he did mention over hyped so you might be on to something. I may have put him in my top 2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Anderson - He has already been sudjected to unwarranted levels of criticism, just because he didnlt get a sack as a rookie.

All 4 of our 1st & 2nd round picks from 2009 - Undoubteldly there will be fools on this board who will demand nothing less than mistake free pro-bowl calibre football from every one of them right from day 1. God forbid than any of them need 1 ior 2 years to develop (like Roddy did).

BirdsOfPrey (3/21/2008)
Mr. VSU (3/21/2008)
greyhawk (3/21/2008)
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/FORUMS/Topic3330516-45-1.aspx
But Mr. Highway 56 has been stealing money for several years now and ALL you hear are excuses as to why. He is playing out of position.

Seems you already have decided who will be the next whipping boy.

Nope... Not the whipping boy. Like one of the previous posters stated the person would have talent. But he did mentioned over hyped so you might be on to something. I may have put him in my top 2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I think you have a "man crush" on Brooking and it scares you. Or maybe you are just insanely jealous that he is more of a man than you could ever hope to be and you realize just how pathetic life is when you can't compare to Brooking.

I think you should log off the boards and give this some thought. Once you come to grips with it you will be able to make progress and deal with your emotions. I am here to help you...

I appreciate your concern and offer but there is no need. I call it like I have seen it for the last 3 years. He was once a decent LB but OLD age has caught up with him. Reminds me of the last 2 years of the Hammer. I cannot believe I just put those two in the same thought.

jidady (3/21/2008)
Michael Turner since he's the prize of our free agency class. If he doesn't get 2,000 yards, he'll be painted as a failure by some.
Then TD should be considered the Whipping Boy. He pulled the trigger. RM negotiated the contract. AB signed the check.

Mr. VSU (3/21/2008)
Then TD should be considered the Whipping Boy. He pulled the trigger. RM negotiated the contract. AB signed the check.

None of that got Ed Hartwell and Peerless Price off the hook...and Hartwell's situation was due to injury. Nobody gave him a pass.