Dennis Dixon

hornsmd

Vince Young in no way should be currently considered a bust.  He might not be as sharp as you want your franchise QB to be, but unless he regresses next season, I think he has proven to be what everybody thought he would be coming out of Texas; a solid, dependable winner with freakish athletic ability that can bust out at any moment to help his team win a game.  He has always looked pretty solid with only marginal offensive talent around him, and I look for big things out of him next season, especially if they add a big-time playmaker in the draft. :cool:

I dont think Vince Young was a bust. The Titans offense was just fine. The problem was not moving the ball down field it was when they got the red zone they chocked. I think that was 1 reason Norm Chow got fired. With Vince Young there are just too many ways to approach an offensive play. The guy is a threat with the ball.

jluk (3/21/2008)
I dont think Vince Young was a bust. The Titans offense was just fine. The problem was not moving the ball down field it was when they got the red zone they chocked. I think that was 1 reason Norm Chow got fired. With Vince Young there are just too many ways to approach an offensive play. The guy is a threat with the ball.
He's certainly a threat to his offense with those 17 INTs.

grendel (3/21/2008)
When the QB comparison's thread was going on, I put:

Dennis Dixon = Antwaan Randel El

I think that would be an interesting route to go with him. Randel El was used in lots of trick plays... Interestingly, Mularkey was the OC at the time, as well.

Jayson Foster could be used in the same way as Mularkey used Randel El. Watch tape of him at Georgia Southern, he does everything for that team from breaking a 60 yard touchdown o returning kicks for touchdowns to passing for touchdowns. The kid is a local and he should be brought it in the 7th round of UDFA.

Welcome to Atlanta (3/21/2008)
Dixon will make it in the NFL if he makes a full recovery. I would be pissed if we took him that early, though, because he's so risky due to the injury. Before the injury, I would've taken him in the 2nd.
Dixon is a 185 soaking wet. He'll get eaten alive by NFL LB's. When they see Dixon they'll say "SNAP INTO A SLIM-JIM!", b/c that's what they'll do to him, snap him in half.

He is not an NFL caliber QB IMO.

when I see him on interviews, I cringe.  I don't think he would make it in the complex systems in the NFL.  I don't know why but he doesn't look the part but when he takes the field, he looks awesome and unstoppable.  However, in the NFL, I highly doubt he would make it.

I'm pretty sure Dennis Dixon broke 200 lbs now. Oh, and by the way, before the season ended, QB Josh Johnson was listed at 195. At the combine, he was listed at 215. It's called a personal trainer. Dixon would have put on muscle weight if he would've have been recovering from a torn freaking ACL.

red2play (3/21/2008)
when I see him on interviews, I cringe.  I don't think he would make it in the complex systems in the NFL.  I don't know why but he doesn't look the part but when he takes the field, he looks awesome and unstoppable.  However, in the NFL, I highly doubt he would make it.

I thought some of you boys would learn after the Harrington situation,:w00t:, but i guess not

Im still shaking my head trying to figure out, what does being able to be the pretty boy for the media have to do with playing football?

Eli Manning has never looked or talked the part, but what did he do on the field?

And then I remember, most of you boys in here have never played the game in real life

So obviously your comments come from a misunderstanding of what it takes to be a football player and an understanding that if the guy can talk to the media he can play football

I seriously thought you would have learned after the Harrington situation