Jonathan Stewart

zgotts

so after this surgery, there's no doubt he will slide. Could this be the second coming of Willis McGahee? I certainly think so.

If this guy slides out of the first round, and is sitting there when the Falcons are up with their last pick in the 2nd round, I think he HAS to be taken.

the draft could look something like this:

1st round- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU- obvious need, obvious top choice at the position

2nd- Joe Flacco QB Delaware- obvious need, and Brohm prob wont be around

2nd- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College- although this guy is probably better suited at RT, he did play all last year at LT and BC lineman have a solid NFL pedigree. Dimitroff also likes BC lineman.

2nd- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- yeah, go ahead and tell me we just signed Michael Turner. I don't think it means you pass up on a guy like this. Considering we have Turner, Stewart could take all the time he needs to get healthy. Flacco and Stewart could be a DANGEROUS backfield in 3-4 years.

3rd- Antoine Cason CB Arizona- Our DeAngelo Hall replacement. though he doesn't have the top-flight speed, he's got the size, quickness, and intangibles to develop into a very solid starter, just needs to get stronger.

This would be an absolute dream come true for me.

I totally agree with you. I think if Stewart is there in the 2nd round we have to draft him, even with Turner. I posted earlier that we should draft Stewart in the 2nd. Turner has been a backup so we don't know if he can handle the full load, and with our new offense based on powerful running game we need another powerful runner in case Turner was to get hurt. Norwood isn't a powerful runner. Stewart would be a good value pick, since he would of been 2nd or 3rd RB picked in the 1st round before the injury.

zgotts (3/21/2008)
so after this surgery, there's no doubt he will slide. Could this be the second coming of Willis McGahee? I certainly think so.

If this guy slides out of the first round, and is sitting there when the Falcons are up with their last pick in the 2nd round, I think he HAS to be taken.

the draft could look something like this:

1st round- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU- obvious need, obvious top choice at the position

2nd- Joe Flacco QB Delaware- obvious need, and Brohm prob wont be around

2nd- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College- although this guy is probably better suited at RT, he did play all last year at LT and BC lineman have a solid NFL pedigree. Dimitroff also likes BC lineman.

2nd- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- yeah, go ahead and tell me we just signed Michael Turner. I don't think it means you pass up on a guy like this. Considering we have Turner, Stewart could take all the time he needs to get healthy. Flacco and Stewart could be a DANGEROUS backfield in 3-4 years.

3rd- Antoine Cason CB Arizona- Our DeAngelo Hall replacement. though he doesn't have the top-flight speed, he's got the size, quickness, and intangibles to develop into a very solid starter, just needs to get stronger.

This would be an absolute dream come true for me.

You're first pick is sound.. You need to switch Gosder and Flacco. And possibly Stewart and Flacco.. If you're really thinkin' stewart.. But Antoine Cason will NOT be there in the third.. He's a late first to early second guy.. It's just not going to happen.. Replace him with a Charles Godfrey or Zack Bowman and it's all good.

Stewart in the second round is a steal for a guy who was projected as a mid first rounder before the whole toe injury. My only concern is that turf toe can get to be a chronic problem for NFL players, especially a RB who has to stop and cut so much. I hope that the surgery does the trick for him and he can come back 100%.

hawkman (3/21/2008)
Stewart in the second round is a steal for a guy who was projected as a mid first rounder before the whole toe injury. My only concern is that turf toe can get to be a chronic problem for NFL players, especially a RB who has to stop and cut so much. I hope that the surgery does the trick for him and he can come back 100%.

Turf Toe ended Eddie George's career