Falcons Have Confirmed

As has been reported this evening, the Hall trade is now complete, and the ink is dry. MeAngelo is in the silver and black, and the Falcons just took a huge step forward.

Four of the first 48 picks. And the potential to add even more to that tally. It's going to be a fun April!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderator (3/20/2008)

Four of the first 48 picks. And the potential to add even more to that tally. It's going to be a fun April!

And the potential to add even more? Is there something you'd like to share with us?  ;)  ;)

gazoo (3/20/2008)
I think Moderator means we could swap out of the 3rd spot, let someone else take (McFadden?) and we net an additional pick n the first 48.

Exactly, gazoo... That's all I'm suggesting. We have a lot of leverage with that #3 pick. And while we may very well keep it, I'm certain we'll be open to all possibilities.

Personally, I would love for Dallas to move up to #3 for their two first-rounders. I don't know if a team has ever had 5 of the first 48 selections in the NFL Draft. You can turn around a franchise in a hurry with five of the first 48 selections in a single Draft.

Raiders acquired CB DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons in exchange for Oakland's 2008 second-round pick and 2009 fifth-round pick, and signed him to a seven-year, $70 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed.

The sides were discussing a 2008 sixth in place of the '09 fifth, but Al Davis wanted Hall bad and Atlanta got its upgrade, albeit next year. Hall, 24, has the skills to be an elite corner, but tends to lose focus and control of his temper. He can be beat deep. The Raiders may be kicking themselves shortly for not giving this money to Nnamdi Asomugha, a far superior all-around player. Asomugha isn't one to complain, but this likely won't go over well with him. Mar. 20 - 5:48 pm et

Source: NFL.com

Moderator (3/20/2008)
gazoo (3/20/2008)
I think Moderator means we could swap out of the 3rd spot, let someone else take (McFadden?) and we net an additional pick n the first 48.

Exactly, gazoo... That's all I'm suggesting. We have a lot of leverage with that #3 pick. And while we may very well keep it, I'm certain we'll be open to all possibilities.

Personally, I would love for Dallas to move up to #3 for their two first-rounders. I don't know if a team has ever had 5 of the first 48 selections in the NFL Draft. You can turn around a franchise in a hurry with five of the first 48 selections in a single Draft.

Amen to that mod. Is Jason Elam still in ATL?

raven reborn (3/20/2008)
beernuts (3/20/2008)
thanks Mod

and I am just glad MeAngelo got what he wanted - to play for a winning team :Whistling:

:D superbowl ring

All part of Al Davis' "Commitment to Overindulgence."

Have fun in Oak-town, Me-Lo. You're going to fit right in there.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/20/2008)
Moderator (3/20/2008)
gazoo (3/20/2008)

Amen to that mod. Is Jason Elam still in ATL?

Not sure if he left or is still in Atlanta, but he was here the past two days. I didn't get a chance to meet him, but J. Mike knows him well, and speaks very highly of him. We'll see what the football side of the building decides!