Even NFLDraftCountdown.com has seen the light....

dyoshot

For the longest they have had Matt Ryan going to us at #3. That has changed.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Just in case you didn't want to read through all the picks and just wanted to see our picks-

1- Glenn Dorsey

2nd (34)- Joe Flacco 

2nd (37)- Dan Connor

2nd (48) Sam Baker

I'm fine with Dorsey and Baker, but I would make changes to the 1st and 2nd second round pick. If things went according to that draft, my draft would go like this-

2nd- Brian Brohm- I feel he has a great arm, very accurate, and played very well despite lackluster recievers and an atrocious defense. I think he's more NFL ready and would be highway robbery if we got him here.

2nd- Jerod Mayo- I would prefer Curtis Lofton, but in this situation he would have gone to the Dolphins two picks before ours. Yeah, I know I'm a UT fan, but this isn't a homer pick. This guy is quick, hits like a mack truck, and unlike our linebacker core he is a extremely mean on the field. I would love to have him here.

What do you think?

Another case of the fans being more in tune with the team than the paid pundits.

NFLN just changed to Dorsey too.

But you can tell Scott Wright is still clueless ... especially when it comes to the Falcons.

As bad as our offensive line is ... a healthy Weiner and Blalock is solid.

And Clabo might be the best utility back-up in the league.

But Mr. Wright ... can you tell me who is playing UT or NT this year?

Trey Lewis is hurt, which leaves Babs and a bevy of journeymen.

Legion (3/21/2008)
QV_26 (3/21/2008)
I don't like flacco. to be honest, don't know much about him. but when the main thing everyone is talking about is your arm strength, makes mewonder about everything else.....
I like him, but he's going to be a Dolphin.

Just throw bombs to Robinson and White. They both can burn any CB in our division.

i like the mock except dan connor.  Why dan connor?  isnt he more suited to play OLB and dont we need a MLB. 

i'd prefer Fred Davis if available, i think he is going to be a Gates/Gonzalez type TE.

Hartsock is good (watched him at OSU) but Davis looked amazing in the games I saw him in.

somecut8 (3/21/2008)
Legion (3/21/2008)
QV_26 (3/21/2008)
I don't like flacco. to be honest, don't know much about him. but when the main thing everyone is talking about is your arm strength, makes mewonder about everything else.....
I like him, but he's going to be a Dolphin.

Just throw bombs to Robinson and White. They both can burn any CB in our division.

That sounds nice on paper, but if that was the case we could easily sign Kyle Boller or Doug Johnson, they have very strong arms. I'm not saying Flacco is going to suck, but I think at this point we are not in any position to experiment. We can try to experiment at the bottom of the draft, but if you're a team like the Falcons you need to bring guys in here that will give you a return on your investment in the quickest amount of time, and I doubt Flacco can do that for you.

This guy is coming from Division-II, and almost never took snaps from under center. He's going to need a couple of years before he can really contribute. Just my opinion, I'd rather go with Brohm if they are both available when the Falcons pick.

HA!!

They also have Darren McFadden getting by the Raiders and being picked 6th overall by the Jets.  That won't happen.  Al Davis would never pass up DMac.

What I love about these mocks is that they are rarely ever right. I remember the year we picked DHall, everyone and their brother's mock had us picking Roy Williams, Tommie Harris, or Vince Wilfork.