GREAT NEWS!!!

Superfan !

I didn't make this up!

1. Beer Fights Cancer

Researchers are always looking for the magic bullet to kill cancer, and now they may have found it in a surprising place a glass of beer! (Who knew?) It turns out that hops, which is the flavor component of beer, contains a cancer-fighting compound called xanthohumol.

Xanthohumol turns out to be toxic to several kinds of human cancer, including prostate, ovarian, breast, and colon. Further, it inhibits enzymes that can activate the development of cancer, and also helps detoxify carcinogens. It even seems to slow down tumor growth in the early stages. Scientists are trying to produce hops that contain even more xanthohumol, and the Germans are racing to develop a health beer.

But wait there s more! Other compounds in hops are potent phytoestrogens which may help with post-menopausal hot flashes and also prevent osteoporosis.

Beers that provide the most benefits contain the most hops, and include strong brews such as ale, stout, and porter. In general, the darker the beer, the better. For those who can t stand beer, herbal supplements made from hops contain the highest concentrations of beneficial elements.

I THINK I'LL HAVE A BEER !!:D

Superfan "! (3/20/2008)
I didn't make this up!

1. Beer Fights Cancer

Researchers are always looking for the magic bullet to kill cancer, and now they may have found it in a surprising place a glass of beer! (Who knew?) It turns out that hops, which is the flavor component of beer, contains a cancer-fighting compound called xanthohumol.

Xanthohumol turns out to be toxic to several kinds of human cancer, including prostate, ovarian, breast, and colon. Further, it inhibits enzymes that can activate the development of cancer, and also helps detoxify carcinogens. It even seems to slow down tumor growth in the early stages. Scientists are trying to produce hops that contain even more xanthohumol, and the Germans are racing to develop a health beer.

But wait there s more! Other compounds in hops are potent phytoestrogens which may help with post-menopausal hot flashes and also prevent osteoporosis.

Beers that provide the most benefits contain the most hops, and include strong brews such as ale, stout, and porter. In general, the darker the beer, the better. For those who can t stand beer, herbal supplements made from hops contain the highest concentrations of beneficial elements.

I THINK I'LL HAVE A BEER !!:D

I've been fighting cancer tonight, I'll let you know if I won in the morning ;)

SacFalcFan (3/20/2008)
what i found funny is a study sponsored by germany said that beer is better for your health than wine is.. wow imagine that.

They have the best beer research, don't you know?  Two friends of mine from Germany insist that it's common for German doctors to allow pregnant women 4 ounces of beer per day, during the second and third trimesters.  Cures cancer and makes healthy babies - why waste time with milk?