I don't thiink we got a good value for Hall.

UGA_DAWG46

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right. But I feel like you should elaborate more. What should we have got? Who should we have got it from? Ya dig?

I feel like Hall's athletic value far outweighs his trade value. Mainly due to his obvious signability concerns, and his volitile nature. As an athlete, I feel like DHall is worth a top 10 pick. But his baggage just ruins his trade value.

mbrizzle (3/20/2008)
You may be right. But I feel like you should elaborate more. What should we have got? Who should we have got it from? Ya dig?

I feel like Hall's athletic value far outweighs his trade value. Mainly due to his obvious signability concerns, and his volitile nature. As an athlete, I feel like DHall is worth a top 10 pick. But his baggage just ruins his trade value.

I think we shoulf of try to get Huff or another player. If we can't we could of try to get next year second or third. Look at the Schaub trade. We exchange first round pick, last year second and this year second. Thats a steep price for a potential good starting QB. Hall is a pretty good Cb with good athletic ability already been to two pro bowl at the age of 24. We could of got more. However, if that second and fifth round pick next year turn out to be productive NFL starter. I will be satify.

I thought it was good. Not a great trade, but not a bad one. The Raiders gave up a 2nd and a 5th rounder to be able to pay Hall $10 million a year. He already said he would hit FA if he didn't get an extension, and then he said he would never play for us again. If Hall had been quiet, maybe we could have gotten a little bit better of a trade. But there are very few players that are worth a 2nd and a 5th rounder just to play for 1 year. If we were close to a Superbowl, I might have said we should have kept him, then franchised him. But we aren't, and he doesn't want to play here, and he wants way more money than just about any corner is worth. I'm glad he is gone, and we get a very early 2nd, plus that 5th next year won't hurt anything. I'm sure it will be an early 5th:D:D:D

sporkdevil (3/20/2008)
I thought it was good. Not a great trade, but not a bad one. The Raiders gave up a 2nd and a 5th rounder to be able to pay Hall $10 million a year. He already said he would hit FA if he didn't get an extension, and then he said he would never play for us again. If Hall had been quiet, maybe we could have gotten a little bit better of a trade. But there are very few players that are worth a 2nd and a 5th rounder just to play for 1 year. If we were close to a Superbowl, I might have said we should have kept him, then franchised him. But we aren't, and he doesn't want to play here, and he wants way more money than just about any corner is worth. I'm glad he is gone, and we get a very early 2nd, plus that 5th next year won't hurt anything. I'm sure it will be an early 5th:D:D:D

Good point.

This trade was a good deal for the Falcs.  Hall is damaged goods, despite his athleticism.  His mouth, meltdowns, and ego will prevent him from ever becoming a team player.  Better to get what we could now than having him disrupt the team all season, and then walking for nothing, like Kerney.  That makes two draft picks a great deal!

UGA_DAWG46 (3/20/2008)
I'm not oppose to the trade. I love it. Get rid of Hall and his mouth was good move. However, I didn't feel we got a good value for him.

When I look at the history of players that force trades moss, dillon, agunleye , I have to say that we did pretty well. Good job TD, you made the best out of a bad situation .

sacfan (3/20/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (3/20/2008)
I'm not oppose to the trade. I love it. Get rid of Hall and his mouth was good move. However, I didn't feel we got a good value for him.

When I look at the history of players that force trades moss, dillon, agunleye , I have to say that we did pretty well. Good job TD, you made the best out of a bad situation .

Beside Moss, can you tell me the value the other team got for Dillon and Ogunleye?

Celt (3/20/2008)
I'm not yet sold on the fact we are getting a 5th in 2009. Schefter has been wrong before

Depending on where you look we got:

Only a 2nd round pick.

A 2nd and a 6th.

A 2nd and a 2009 5th.

A 2nd and a contingent 2009 pick.

Until the trade is announced I'm holding out a slim hope there is a player involved.

Almost every site is reporting the same things.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/20/2008)

Of course we didn't get good value. The Falcons played their hand FAR too early.

Had they at least acted as if they wanted to keep Hall, maybe teams understand that they had to give away major assets. It was plainly known from the beginning (the release of Crumpler and Coleman) that the Falcons didn't want Hall. Teams knew the Falcons were between a rock and a hard place and negotiated as such.

Strike one for TD.

Of course we didn't get good value. The Falcons played their hand FAR too early.

Had they at least acted as if they wanted to keep Hall, maybe teams understand that they had to give away major assets. It was plainly known from the beginning (the release of Crumpler and Coleman) that the Falcons didn't want Hall. Teams knew the Falcons were between a rock and a hard place and negotiated as such.

Strike one for TD.

Your 100% right. T.D handled this like a rookie.

there isnt much more we could get unless you're talking about a player, but im not sure if they would want to give up anyone that could help us. all oakland had in their first 3 selections was their 2nd and their 1st (4th overall). hall is good and all but hes not worth the 4th overall. getting their 2nd is almost like getting a 1st because they pick before us in the 2nd and it is only 3 picks after the first round.

UGA_DAWG46 (3/20/2008)

Yeah, we should have waited through the 2008 season, a dozen more costly personal fouls, at least one or two sideline blowups, four or five media sessions where he calls out the coaching staff, and a possible holdout.

Then after all of the drama, we get nothing next year when he signs a free agent deal elsewhere.

A third-round pick would have been worth it, simply due to the addition by subtraction. But instead we got what amounts to a late first-rounder in a very deep draft and a fifth next year. To me, that's not value. That's a STEAL.

Sayonara, MeAngelo!