Flacco or Brohm ???

I'm with you ... I like Flacco ... reminds me of Big Ben ... and we could prolly get Flacco with our 2 or 3 in the 2nd ... and that allows us to get Lofton before he's off the board ... Kevin Oconnell would be sick ... if we could get him in 6 or 7 .... then the second round we could get 3 position players and QB late ... I'd love to see Lofton, Baker, Sims in the 2nd ...

FLACCO...why would anyone want brohm over flacco..flacco has got a rocket for an arm..thats what our system needs...hes 6' 6 3/4"..accurate...good attitude...taking snaps under center will not be a problem..he has been workin his a** off to get scouts to realize it..and when u say he came from a small school...so did a bunch of other great qbs..brett favre...hes better than brohm and i would much rather take flacco than someone who only really succeeded under petrino!

Yeah those youtube highlights of Flacco are really impressive.

Throwing against teams like Towson, Navy and Delaware state would make any good QB look great. 

Flacco is the biggest risk out there and people fall all over him because he is 6'6 and can throw far.

Give me Brohm any day over that hype machine. 

I think Brohm would be more NFL ready, with less downside.

However, at the same time, Flacco has much more possible upside or downside. I could see him being a very good QB, but at the same time he could bust.

Without getting too into it, I think Brohm would be the safer bet, and could start much sooner than Flacco.

Mike Vick (3/20/2008)
Don't forget that Brohm was a product of Petrino's system, we all saw how bad he was last year without him. I rather see us take Flacco or Josh Johnson.;)

Brohm still put up some great stats. Not the entire way through the year, but their main problem was their defense. Brohm still started out the season with great stats, I think they fell off through the year, but that can be attributed to poor coaching. Or a system QB, but I think coaching.

Mike Vick (3/20/2008)
Don't forget that Brohm was a product of Petrino's system, we all saw how bad he was last year without him. I rather see us take Flacco or Josh Johnson.;)

Yeah, lets draft a QB who would go from passing against William and Mary to passing against the Tampa Bay defense.

All this leg humping for these small school QB's has to stop.  We need an established QB from a MAJOR school who faced MAJOR competition and has worked in a pro-style offense.

A system QB?  Flacco played in a shotgun system all year.

falcons4life (3/20/2008)
Mike Vick (3/20/2008)

Yeah, lets draft a QB who would go from passing against William and Mary to passing against the Tampa Bay defense.

All this leg humping for these small school QB's has to stop.  We need an established QB from a MAJOR school who faced MAJOR competition and has worked in a pro-style offense.

A system QB?  Flacco played in a shotgun system all year.

what does playing in a shotgun system have to do with anything...listen..if the dude couldnt take snaps from under center..I PROMISE HE WOULDNT BE A QB...and small schools have nothing to do with anything...do u know how many nfl greats came from "small schools"...u must be brohms agent or something!

mitchalp7 (3/20/2008)
TO HECK WITH BOTH OF THEM...I WANT WOODSON....THIS GUY DID IT AGAINST THE SEC! DONT BELIVE THE HYPE ON FLACCO, EVERYBODY JUMPS ON THE BANDWAGON WHEN KIPER OR MAYOCK SAYS A NAME...WOODSON WILL BE A VERY GOOD NFL QUARTERBACK.

u say he did it..not really...i saw him under pressure he choked and lost his team the game when it was in like triple OT..plus uga murked him i watched that too..its a no on woodson

what does playing in a shotgun system have to do with anything...listen..if the dude couldnt take snaps from under center..I PROMISE HE WOULDNT BE A QB...and small schools have nothing to do with anything...do u know how many nfl greats came from "small schools"...u must be brohms agent or something!

His system was a spread offense just like Colt Brennan....how did he do against Georgia again? OH yeah, he got killed.  Georgia and Hawaii are both div 1 teams.

So how is Flacco going to handle facing NFL teams?

For every exception and sucessful small school QB you can name, there are THOUSANDS who never make the grade. So why would you want our falcons to take that kind of risk?

Im not Brohms agent but I would be happier with Brohm or Ryan or Henne over Superhyped Flacco.

Flacco just *might* turn out to be a big NFL stud, the next Tom Brady even but RIGHT NOW, predraft, the Falcons need to minimize risk and make the best possible and LEAST risky choice with their QB selection.

Flacco may have some upside but the RISK of taking a guy who has only proven himself against the likes of Monmouth, Villanova, and URI does not warrant an early 2nd round pick for a team that needs someone more established.