Midnight tonight

Sun Tzu 7

According to Chuck Oliver on 790 the zone, (no link), if the deal is not done my midnight then the Raiders walk...

If they walk.. we're not going to be able to get anything from him.  EVERY team will know he can't stay here and we will have to cut him if no one takes him.

But on the brighter side,  I must say I am impressed with Coach Smith not wanting to comment on the situation until it had been finalized.  Intelligence.  I like it.

There is no way in **** they cut him, that will NEVER happen. If the deal with the Raiders is not consummated, then the Falcons will force DHall to play under his current contract this season and then Franchise him at season's end. It's a lot like the situation the Jets had with John Abraham before we acquired him. The Jets knew Abe didn't want to be there, but there was no way they were letting him walk without compensation. Same thing will happen here.

He will stay here at the "discount" price if he doesn't hurry up.  Next year, he will be tendered for a first and a third and then he can go shopping the year after that. 

However, he might be injured or the next class of DB's might be good the year he comes out.  He'd better sign the agreement (which he will) or he will LOSE a TON of money.  No other club is even coming close to what he wants.

slobberknocker (3/20/2008)
There is no way in **** they cut him, that will NEVER happen. If the deal with the Raiders is not consummated, then the Falcons will force DHall to play under his current contract this season and then Franchise him at season's end. It's a lot like the situation the Jets had with John Abraham before we acquired him. The Jets knew Abe didn't want to be there, but there was no way they were letting him walk without compensation. Same thing will happen here.

Only problem there is I think he can go to UFA next year by voiding the last year of his deal (09 season). Much like Kerney did. If that is indeed true, he could wait until after the franchise tag period ends, then void his last year, just like PK.

If we dont trade Hall this year, we could lose him and get nothing in return after the season.

1989fan (3/20/2008)
slobberknocker (3/20/2008)

Only problem there is I think he can go to UFA next year by voiding the last year of his deal (09 season). Much like Kerney did. If that is indeed true, he could wait until after the franchise tag period ends, then void his last year, just like PK.

If we dont trade Hall this year, we could lose him and get nothing in return after the season.

I believe that that's correct.

Direwolf

Do you have a link to that? If we've been structuring these deals in such a way that players can avoid the franchsie tag by voiding them after the tag period ends, Rich McKay should be ashamed.

IF our relationship with Hall has deteriorated to a point where they can't bring him back to honour his deal then our FO have done a poor job. You should never burn your bridges with a player to the extent that you a forced to cut or traded him with time remaining on his contract.