Are you having a bad day?

deathdawg

It was Alex Zanardi.  At the time he was probably one of the top 5 racers in the world.  To my recollection, he was coming out of the pit when he slid to the right onto the track and the other car literally cut him in two. The miracle of it was the safety crew, who jumped on him in seconds and tied off his stumps and got him in a helicopter.

Zanardi had only about a liter of blood left when he got to the hospital, but he's alive and still racing, albeit not in the big time any more.  He's a happy guy though and has written a book or two. 

alfred e. neuman (3/20/2008)
octoslash (3/20/2008)
ed594db4-cab6-4e1b-8cc9-c6e6.jpg

Look just below the tire.  That's where his legs should be.  Now look just ABOVE the tire.  That's where they, um, dispersed. 

Is that Zinardi's wreck?

Are those body parts above the tire on the left?

octoslash (3/20/2008)
It was Alex Zanardi.  At the time he was probably one of the top 5 racers in the world.  To my recollection, he was coming out of the pit when he slid to the right onto the track and the other car literally cut him in two. The miracle of it was the safety crew, who jumped on him in seconds and tied off his stumps and got him in a helicopter.

Zanardi had only about a liter of blood left when he got to the hospital, but he's alive and still racing, albeit not in the big time any more.  He's a happy guy though and has written a book or two. 

I remember watching that race.  It had the same feeling as when Senna hit the wall. 

octoslash (3/20/2008)

I remember watching that race.  It had the same feeling as when Senna hit the wall. 

When Senna hit the wall I remember seeing his head move a little and I thought, 'wow that was close'.  And then his head just slumped and I thought....'okay....he's dead...he CAN'T be dead'. 

That was a rough time in racing.  Senna, Alan Kulwicki, Davey Allison, all died close together, or at least it seems that way now.  

octoslash (3/20/2008)
When Senna hit the wall I remember seeing his head move a little and I thought, 'wow that was close'.  And then his head just slumped and I thought....'okay....he's dead...he CAN'T be dead'. 

That was a rough time in racing.  Senna, Alan Kulwicki, Davey Allison, all died close together, or at least it seems that way now.  

That gives me a good idea for another thread that can get away from the politics....

octoslash (3/20/2008)

That gives me a good idea for another thread that can get away from the politics....

PLEASE!

I've had my fill of political threads for a couple days.

Cop shoots himself in police safety class

Hate to post this ,

Dude is one Tuff SOB!

but it may save someones life!

PS.

The Assistant was suppose to hand him an unloaded gun,

but you should always check it yourself

just to make sure!

BTw-I was rolling at the MOM, did the Car handle break?