Interesting Spin on the Hall trade from the Raven point of view

Celt

Celt (3/20/2008)
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ord...3/post_226.html

I've never thought Baltimore would draft Brohm with the 8th pick.  Quite a few people here think that may happen.

It seems they are targeting a CB which they really need.

Brohm doesn't exactly have a weak arm, but I'd wonder about him making some throws in late the year against division rivals, on the road, like Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti. The wind gusts tend to be pretty strong in Baltimore late in the year. They're all outdoor stadiums.

aveboogie2 (3/20/2008)
Celt (3/20/2008)

I've never thought Baltimore would draft Brohm with the 8th pick.  Quite a few people here think that may happen.

Brohm doesn't exactly have a weak arm, but I'd wonder about him making some throws in late the year against division rivals, on the road, like Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti. The wind gusts tend to be pretty strong in Baltimore late in the year. They're all outdoor stadiums.

For the umpteenth time, Brohm has EXCELLENT arm strength.

Matthew Pritts (3/20/2008)
aveboogie2 (3/20/2008)
Celt (3/20/2008)

For the umpteenth time, Brohm has EXCELLENT arm strength.

The NFL Combine analysis:

While his arm strength isn't cannon-like, he is capable of making all the throws, showing good patience when attacking the middle of the zone.

I'm going to say it right now and you can hold it against me if I am wrong. Baltimore absolutely does not draft Brohm at #8. People are forgetting how good Troy Smith looked for them. They'll take a football player who can help them right off the bat, not roll the dice on another Boller scenario.

Stop seeing shadows, folks.

jidady (3/20/2008)
I'm going to say it right now and you can hold it against me if I am wrong. Baltimore absolutely does not draft Brohm at #8. People are forgetting how good Troy Smith looked for them. They'll take a football player who can help them right off the bat, not roll the dice on another Boller scenario.

Stop seeing shadows, folks.

Good point.

We'll definitely see. I think they'd take Ryan before Brohm though if he's there, but that's just me.

But I am inclined to agree w/your POV.