What does it say when we only get second rounder for D-Hall?

I'd say they did a pretty darn good job.

Who wants to have a spoiled brat that would cause trouble next season, and leave the team anyways without any compensation. Now we probably get compensation that is equivalent to a low 1st rounder. Me likey.

God i would love if Roddy smokes Hall against Raiders this year.

falconsfever2006 (3/20/2008)
The kid is 24 with a great upside and a 2 time probowler he's worth a top 20 pick or a second and a third or a 3rd and Huff

Not with his extreme contract demands, and he killed our leverage by crying in the media. We should be considered lucky to get something in return for him.

Dem Birds Can Fly (3/20/2008)
FalconFan13 (3/20/2008)
I don't see another hole to fill personally. I like the 5 CB's we got on our roster now. Their all young and very talented.

They are young, physically talented and very, very inexperianced.

I think that's going to sum up our team as a hole, half of our roster is going to be first and second year players.

kschreck (3/20/2008)
FalconFan13 (3/20/2008)
I don't see another hole to fill personally. I like the 5 CB's we got on our roster now. Their all young and very talented.

I think that's going to sum up our team as a hole, half of our roster is going to be first and second year players.

I know Redman is not Farve but Green Bay had this same problem a year ago.They will be strong for a few years and could win a super bowl if this QB pans out.

I hope we have these same talks soon myself.

Michael Skelton (3/20/2008)
I don't have a problem with them wanting to get rid of him, but let's get something for him. We will see what happens? a player for a draft pick?

I didn't hear about a lot of teams beating down TD's door for Hall. He's a cancer. TD got what he could for him. Hmmm...he'll fit in nicely in Oakland. 

Michael Skelton (3/20/2008)
I don't have a problem with them wanting to get rid of him, but let's get something for him. We will see what happens? a player for a draft pick?

There's no hole at CB that cannot be filled in this draft. No way could we give him that kind of money when we have so many needs on DL & OL. Add in the fact that he's never been a team player and never will be.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

IMO, TD got as much as he possibly could for this malcontent.

Also, if we cannot stop another team from running the ball on us at will, then it does not make a **** bit of difference if we have a so-called "shut down corner" or not.

kschreck (3/20/2008)
FalconFan13 (3/20/2008)

That approach seems to be working for the Packers and for the Bills.

When things start to get diseased you dont add in new tissue to be afflicted with the disease.  You cut out all you can and try to start fresh with new tissue...thats what we are doing. 

This is the first time since the early Reeves era that you can say this team is moving foreward with a legit goal and philosophy.  They arent just collecting players that are hot on the market.  They arent just keeping people around because they signed them or they drafted them.  They are actually building a team.  I'm willing to deal with some struggles if they continue to make wise decisions.