Weekend at the movies.. or video rental..

SacFalcFan

lax32 (3/20/2008)
I watched Dan in Real Life and I seriously wanted an hour and a half of my time back. Terrible. Steve Carell is a good actor and the father from Frasier was good, but its such a terribly written storyline and Dane Cook was a terrible cast for a serious role.

I went into blockbuster with the intent of watching dan in real life when i was in line I asked what people thought of it and EVERYONE said it stunk..  so I got somethin else.. 

silentbob1272 (3/20/2008)
pencilpusher (3/20/2008)
Watched 'No Country for Old Men". Liked the movie but the ending was absurd.

I really liked the ending, at least we are consistent in never agreeing :P

I didn't HATE it, just thought it was absurd. I think they were trying to be weird for the sake of being weird.It's like it left it wide open for a sequel, but it is the type of movie that didn't need one.

Javier Bardem is a GREAT villain though. Top Notch. And Tommy Lee Jones is great as a jaded, tired Texas lawman. Great performances and the Coens always find great quirky supporting actors. Like the guy he flipped the coin with and the fat lady who would not tell Anton where the guy worked. Very small parts played by perfectly believable actors.

pencilpusher (3/20/2008)
silentbob1272 (3/20/2008)
pencilpusher (3/20/2008)
Watched 'No Country for Old Men". Liked the movie but the ending was absurd.

I really liked the ending, at least we are consistent in never agreeing :P

I didn't HATE it, just thought it was absurd. I think they were trying to be weird for the sake of being weird.It's like it left it wide open for a sequel, but it is the type of movie that didn't need one.

Javier Bardem is a GREAT villain though. Top Notch. And Tommy Lee Jones is great as a jaded, tired Texas lawman. Great performances and the Coens always find great quirky supporting actors. Like the guy he flipped the coin with and the fat lady who would not tell Anton where the guy worked. Very small parts played by perfectly believable actors.

Now my last post makes no sense because I think those are excellent points...best movie villain ever.....I thought the ending was very un-Hollywood like and very cool....fantastic movie.

another in the same league is Gone Baby Gone......incredibly great movie, especially considering that Ben Affleck directed.

SacFalcFan (3/20/2008)
one movie I am thinking of seeing is i believe it's 30 days of darkness.. anyone see that?

30 days of night. I read the comic way back and thought it was a great idea for a movie. Vampires descending on a town in Alaska where it was dark for 30 days.

But then when they did make it into a movie..I still haven't seen it.:P

pencilpusher (3/20/2008)
SacFalcFan (3/20/2008)
one movie I am thinking of seeing is i believe it's 30 days of darkness.. anyone see that?

30 days of night. I read the comic way back and thought it was a great idea for a movie. Vampires descending on a town in Alaska where it was dark for 30 days.

But then when they did make it into a movie..I still haven't seen it.:P

yeah 30 days of night.. so often i read a great book and then they ruin it with a movie.. LOL

SacFalcFan (3/20/2008)
lax32 (3/20/2008)
I watched Dan in Real Life and I seriously wanted an hour and a half of my time back. Terrible. Steve Carell is a good actor and the father from Frasier was good, but its such a terribly written storyline and Dane Cook was a terrible cast for a serious role.

I went into blockbuster with the intent of watching dan in real life when i was in line I asked what people thought of it and EVERYONE said it stunk.. so I got somethin else..

It was seriously a huge disappointment. If it was written properly it would have been a really good movie. I hate to play monday morning quarterback, but i could have rewritten it then it would have been a really good movie.

Rented Hitman earlier this week...loved it. Will be trying to check No Country for Old Men this weekend, and maybe a few others...still want to see 30 days of Night too...As for the theater, with the house going on the market, and resumes to submit, and moving plans to make, just haven't found the time or resources to go out much, lately...;)

It's gonna be a long weekend.. I already rented........Shaving Ryan's Privates Forrest Hump Pulp Friction A Clockwork Orgy White Men Can't Hump Sexorcist Babewatch Battlestar Orgasmica Beverly Hills 9021-Ho Missionary: Impossible On Golden Blonde Jurassic Pork

Ton80Kid (3/20/2008)
Rented Hitman earlier this week...loved it. Will be trying to check No Country for Old Men this weekend, and maybe a few others...still want to see 30 days of Night too...As for the theater, with the house going on the market, and resumes to submit, and moving plans to make, just haven't found the time or resources to go out much, lately...;)

Glad someone else besides me liked Hitman!

clownorg (3/20/2008)
It's gonna be a long weekend.. I already rented........Shaving Ryan's Privates Forrest Hump Pulp Friction A Clockwork Orgy White Men Can't Hump Sexorcist Babewatch Battlestar Orgasmica Beverly Hills 9021-Ho Missionary: Impossible On Golden Blonde Jurassic Pork

That collection is nothing without David Cop-A-Feel-D

lax32 (3/20/2008)
clownorg (3/20/2008)

That collection is nothing without David Cop-A-Feel-D

Don't forget Rambone